Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Diet for Blood type O+

amother

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 1:19 pm
I need some help putting together a menu with limited foods I can eat- I'm eating acc to blood type as I've been feeling bad & gaining weight recently.

Any menu ideas would be amazing!!

I can eat & have easily accessible:
Eggs, (fish), chicken, quinoa, brown rice, techina, lettuce, cucumbers, papaya, apples, almond milk, coconut milk, olive oil, avocado, hmmm let me see what else... Tia!!

tsiggelle

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
I need some help putting together a menu with limited foods I can eat- I'm eating acc to blood type as I've been feeling bad & gaining weight recently.

Any menu ideas would be amazing!!

I can eat & have easily accessible:
Eggs, (fish), chicken, quinoa, brown rice, techina, lettuce, cucumbers, papaya, apples, almond milk, coconut milk, olive oil, avocado, hmmm let me see what else... Tia!!

for breakfast, you could have scrambled eggs with a salad of cucumbers and lettuce and avocado, olive oil.

lunch/dinner of chicken and quinoa or brown rice, and some vegetables . are cucumbers and lettuce the only ones you are allowed?

this is very basic, I hope you get more creative answers

amother

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 1:55 pm
Thank you so much for answering! Even if its basic. I'm just so burnt out with trying to put it together that any menu ideas help. Here are the veg etc that I know are especially beneficial for me: Okra, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, garlic, onions, red peppers, nori, plums, prunes, figs,
Eggs are not amazing but 1 a day is allowed. And ooops- avocado & coconut products are not so good.
Tomatoes, chocolate, honey, cocoa are ok but not specifically good for me. I'll see if I can think of others.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 7:02 pm
-quinoa salad

1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
2 ripe avocado, quartered, then cut into chunks
2 ripe plum tomatoes, quartered, then cut into chunks
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 scallions, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse quinoa very well in a fine mesh colander or strainer, to remove the bitter coating. Set aside.
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan. Add rinsed quinoa. Return to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, until all water is absorbed. When done, the quinoa appears soft and translucent, and the germ ring will be visible along the outside edge of the quinoa. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and let it stand for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Combine avocado, tomato, red onion, scallions, and garlic. Add cooled quinoa. Drizzle with lemon or lime juice and olive oil. Season very generously with salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently.

-or just quinoa with mashed and salted avocado, really good too (greeneye's idea)

-sweet potato fries - cut into 1/4" fries. drizzle with olive oil and spread on cookie sheet. bake 40 min at 400. sprinkle with kosher salt

-dark ground chicken meatballs over avocado relish
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+pita

tsiggelle

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 7:25 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much for answering! Even if its basic. I'm just so burnt out with trying to put it together that any menu ideas help. Here are the veg etc that I know are especially beneficial for me: Okra, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, garlic, onions, red peppers, nori, plums, prunes, figs,
Eggs are not amazing but 1 a day is allowed. And ooops- avocado & coconut products are not so good.
Tomatoes, chocolate, honey, cocoa are ok but not specifically good for me. I'll see if I can think of others.

you can make a delicious soup with onion, (garlic) sweet potatoes and pumpkin

I like red peppers , plums, and prunes for snack.

what are nori and okra?

you could make pumpkin pie

make a search with the vegetables you mentioned to find recipes on the forum

amother

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 9:55 pm
Thank you! Anyone else?

willow

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 12:37 pm
what are your protein options?

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 2:43 pm
willow wrote:
what are your protein options?

she said eggs,(fish)chicken.

there are probably also sources of protien in her list of grains/legumes, but I dont know the complete list. seraph should know, I assume.

cip

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 9:23 pm
I believe meat is good for blood type o.

cip

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 9:36 pm
and iodized salt if your energy level is low.

LEMON

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 12:05 am
I have been om this diet for over a year now. I am doing pretty well on it and have not gone really hungry. ill be more than happy to help you in any way.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 2:29 am
OP here-
Many beans aren't good for me (on the diet and personally) and I don't have red meat avail (kosher) where I live now.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 12:06 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking