Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Pesach Cookbooks

maze

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 1:43 pm
Are the balabustes, spice and spirit, and dining in pesach cookbooks- non gebroks?
Do they have new recipes, or are some repeated from the original cookbooks?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 2:48 pm
I only know the spice and Spirit - and yes, it's non gebrokts.

You might take stock of your appropriate during the year recipes for Pesach, and print them on new paper for Pesach. You don't have to buy a cookbook.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 4:45 pm
the spice and spirit is original recipes, not copied from the chametz cookbook. Besides being no gebrokts, it goes by the very strict chabad minhagim (peeling everything, very few spices, very little manufactured stuff outside of sugar, potato starch, wine and grape juice)

But there are some great recipes in there.

lots of pesach recipes on here too btw

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 6:04 pm
I looked through the new Dining In one recently. Only got through a small portion of it. Looked like it had some very nice. Recipes seem to use regular ingredients (not minimal) and are non-gebrokts.

Sleep

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 6:36 pm
I also got the Dining In for Pesach. Looks really nice, and I love the other 2 Dining Ins. It has a lot of the basic recipes if its your first year making Pesach, and a lot more exciting ones too! I think it is made by a chassidish school in Lakewood, and they were makpid to put in mostly ingredients most families use on Pesach. I am actually not even going to be home this year, but I would like to make some of their salad and fish recipes-they look good for all-year too!

SS6099

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 7:24 am
My favorite one is Tamar Ansch's Anything's Possible. Great recipes and I use it all year round since I'm gluten intolerant.

Tila

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 5:37 am
I adore Pesach Sane and Sound. I did get the dining in on pesach. Its good for chicken recipes, and some desserts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics