Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How do you dress you kids????
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 10:57 pm
Im wondering how most people out there dress their kids?? For everything, every day, shabbos, etc. I work hard for my money, and b"h we do not struggle, and I enjoy buying my baby nice, expensive clothes. Obviously I know if money is a struggle, this would not be an option, and I would gladly shop in target:) But im just wondering if there are mothers out there who also enjoy buying the good quality, nice stuff. (this is not AT ALL meant to look down on people who buy cheap clothes, kol hakovod to you, and I know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it).

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:07 pm
I look ebay and buy clothes in lots... usually 20 items at a time. Soooo many people buy their kids brand-name clothes (or receive as gifts) and then the child outgrows it after a few wearing. All my kids clothes are brand names... I even have some Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren stuff... but I got it for a great price. Most of the used clothes on ebay are in very very good condition and nice styles. Why spend so much money to buy it new?

Like this...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USED-16.....6839e

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:08 pm
I look for well prices clothes that LOOK better quality!

Some brand name stuff are so outdated and old fashioned. I try to find "metzios". Cheap ,but should look expensive!

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:10 pm
EWA- doesn't it bother you that the clothes were used?

Otherwise, it's a great buy!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:10 pm
IMHopinion, where do you shop??

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:18 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
EWA- doesn't it bother you that the clothes were used?

Otherwise, it's a great buy!

I wash them. If they don't look worn and yucky, then it doesn't bother me.

Maybe it's an Israeli thing, but a lot of the clothes here are such bad quality that you buy them brand new and your kid wears them once and then you wash them and they come out the dryer looking like they're a year old.

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:21 pm
Amother- I love Manhattan! Macy's, Daffy's, h&m, Gap, ON, Century, and more.

But I pick out real good looking stuff!

faigyl

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:22 pm
Weekday clothes are basically all from gap- good quality, washes well.
Shabbos clothing I get from Jewish stores and spend a fortune but they look nice Smile

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:26 pm
Now, for the summer it's easy to find cute things for a good price. I love to dress up the kids but since we don't have unlimited spending I have to make sure it's within my budget. If I like stuff and it's more than I want to spend I just don't get it. If I have a very hard time finding something and see one but it's not cheap then I'll splurge on it. I shop at gap when I got the 30% off emails, sometimes at target if its really cute, some old navy, some gymboree if it's adorable, some local, maybe tcp....I am a big Benetton fan and get stuff there.....

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:30 pm
I am loving J Crew lately. I usually shop at kids specialty stores. I also ordered on line today. I haven't received it yet.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:32 pm
I am really not into clothes for ds because I think he looks adorable in EVERYTHING!! LOL Maybe I'm just prejudiced. Most of his weekday clothing is from Children's Place when they go on sale 30% off. Some stuff is from target or macy's online. Some Shabbso stuff is from those places too but I also get some shabbos stuff at cheaper BP stores. I don't think anyone's ds who's mother spent a fortune would look cuter LOL. Again, I'm biased. I would rather save the money for the future. That being said, I never skimped on shoes or coat because those need to be top quality and often that means top dollar.

yummymummy

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:32 pm
shop sales - you can get amazing deals on brand name clothes at Macys, plus they have coupons.

shop discount stores - you have to go through the racks but Marshals, Daffys, TJ Maxx, etc. have great stuff

shop outlet malls - if you can bring coupons along, even better

shop online!

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:49 pm
my boys are gymboree rugby and jeans boys, they do have some gap I got it on sale for 30% off. for shabbos they wear french toast white shirts and pants they are very hard on the shabbos clothes. I would rather replace than get mad at them.

my dd wears childrens place gymboree and gap. she likes bright pink. if I bought her a black dress I would have to force her to wear it, I did get a dkny black sequined dress for her she likes it. it was 20$

red_velvet

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:59 pm
I love Zara, Gap, and H&M. Children's Place occasionally, and Old Navy.

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 12:03 am
I get mostly gymboree for my boys - I think all their weekday things from the past few years have been gymboree with a few jacadi and some other shirts sprinkled in.

Shabbos things I get from Prince and princess in Monsey - I love the stuff they sell. I just went yesterday and got rose bleu, mayoral, and boboli sweaters. Love!!

Frenchfry

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 8:11 am
I'd love to shpo online, but shipping to canada is so expensive!

Anyone know of canadian sites with free shipping?

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 9:09 am
once your kid is in school, they usually wear uniforms.

I buy a mixture of cheap clothes and better quality clothes, usually on sale. Sometimes I am forced to pay full price for stuff, especially yom tov clothes, becasue I need to buy it at a certain time.

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 10:08 am
Up till now, I have been relying on hand me downs from a relative, and gifts from the grandparents. Lately, I buy things either at Walmart, or other similar places, and occasionally get really nice gifts from the grandparents. I basically buy with the thought that she'll outgrow it anyway, so I make an effort to spend minimally on clothes.

I think my community also does sometimes borrow and lend children's clothes to each other.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 10:52 am
I can afford to spend a fortune on my kids clothes but I choose not to. I shop gap and old navy when I have 30% off coupons and target and h&m for everyday. for shabbas I usually find a few beautiful things at Daffys and then fill in with Zaras. If I shop at frum stores its for good basics like shabbbas pants and for my daughter I will buy maybe one full priced dress and the rest I wait for sales ( I go at the end of the season and buy a size up for the next season, last summer ii bought her 4 summer dresses at 50%-75% off)

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 11:38 am
Cheapo ebay/hand me downs to high end brands and planning to get a few customs. If it looks good and I can afford, I take.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics