Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Flylady- flying through hannukah
1  2  Next

ceo

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 12:23 am
I got this testimonial tonight from FLYlady. thought it was funny!

"Chanukah is the celebration of cleaning and rededicating the Jewish
Temple in Jerusalem after the Greeks has Helenized it. They must
have found so much Greek clutter that they needed to do a 27,000 fling
boogie. ..."
LOL LOL

bigbird

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 1:16 am
!!!!

shininglight

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 2:46 am
Love it!

We should make a thread here for FlyJews to help with frum stuff, like Shabbos, etc. and come up with our own pre-shabbos routines and things like that.

Anyone really FLYing who wants to help all the flutterers like me? (although I AM wearing lace-up shoes today ...)

Crayon210

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 3:19 am
Would love to! There have been a few threads before...ask away! :-)

shininglight

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 4:02 am
Crayon, do you have a pre-shabbos routine? Do you prepare for Shabbos all week? Like, shopping list one day, shopping the next, cooking the next, etc? I see that's what the FLYlady said to do with Thanksgiving ...

ShiraMiri

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 11:28 am
Any FlyFrummie tips would be greatly appreciated! I need to get some order in my house!

shininglight

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 12:02 pm
FlyFrummie ... I love it!

Crayon210

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 12:06 pm
shininglight wrote:
Crayon, do you have a pre-shabbos routine? Do you prepare for Shabbos all week? Like, shopping list one day, shopping the next, cooking the next, etc? I see that's what the FLYlady said to do with Thanksgiving ...

Yes.

I have a menu-making day and a shopping day.

Then I try to divide preparation over the whole week. When I do it that way, it's wonderful.

I am working on a pre-Shabbos routine. I should just sit down and write all the things I do on Erev Shabbos so I can create some seder...will BN share when I make it.

shininglight

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 12:08 pm
Great ... waiting with bated breath and lace-up shoes!

faigie

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 1:40 pm
LOl flyfrummie......... we should have our own section!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 5:14 pm
I was on Flylady subscription for just two days until today. The moment I realized she was xtian, I unsubscribed.

In one of today's testimonials from a frum Jewess (maybe it was even one of you?), Flylady replied that she wants to be like that man (ch-ist)offering light and love to all.

O.K. I need a tidy house, but I don't want or need xtian "light" and "love." We all know what they mean for Jews - darkness and hatred.

Think about it ladies. Maybe the best thing is to really start a JumpingJoyousJewess home-making web-site.

Don't even use any of her stupid terms.

curlyhead

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:32 pm
there is a jewish flylady group.
they discuss erev shabbos routines, getting ready for yomtov etc...
the link is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/.....bies/

Crayon210

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:39 pm
amother wrote:
I was on Flylady subscription for just two days until today. The moment I realized she was xtian, I unsubscribed.

In one of today's testimonials from a frum Jewess (maybe it was even one of you?), Flylady replied that she wants to be like that man (ch-ist)offering light and love to all.

O.K. I need a tidy house, but I don't want or need xtian "light" and "love." We all know what they mean for Jews - darkness and hatred.

Think about it ladies. Maybe the best thing is to really start a JumpingJoyousJewess home-making web-site.

Excuse me? Because a goya uses a term it makes it treif? Confused

roza

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:42 pm
I also didn't like the x-tian stuff in my inbox, I unsubscribed looong time ago, but I admit a system is good and I use a lot of her ideas.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:44 pm
As soon as I see her use the word Gd or anything related to Yoshke, I delete. What's the big deal?

ceo

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 7:51 pm
Umm, ANYWAY, back to our regularly scheduled program..... to get back to the flylady tips....

I have an erev shabbos routine for the whole week. Nothing extraordinary, I just need to make sure I actually do it- that's the key. I make sure that I have an answer from my guests by Tuesday (as much as possible). On Wed morn, I make sure I have a menu, and I want all the food in my house by Wed. evening. Thursday evening, it's time to cook, as I am usually out of the house on Fridays. Also, if I can't cook everything on Thursday evening, I like to make sure that the food is prepared to go into the oven on Friday afternoon when I get home (usually around 12:30 or so).

This schedule leaves me breathing room. If something comes up, and I can't get to the store on Wed. afternoon, I can still go on Thur. morning or something. The worst is trying to leave everything (shopping and cooking) for Thur. evening.

Here's an example of what I do Thurs. evening. Let's say I have 2 hours to work with:

cook string beans
cook sweet potato pie
cook gefilte fish
brown onions and meat for cholent

marinade chicken (will be the last thing to cook in oven)
cut up vegetables for chicken soup (will cook when I return home on Friday)
measure out ingredients for challah (put ingredients in bread machine on Friday morning, before leaving. When I return, I shape and bake challah)

This is nothing extraordinarily brilliant-- I just have a plan.

Mishie

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 2:08 am
About Flylady:

I was so excited when I discovered that site, I was really getting into it. Then I told my Mom about it, and she said that 2 of my cousins who were also really into it, found out it was a CULT. and she really talked me out of it!!!

I tried getting into that Jewish Flybaby site, and for some reason it didn't go through a couple of times, so I just gave up.

shininglight

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 3:58 am
It's not a cult ... come on!

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 4:32 am
(It was me who wrote the first anti-flylady post.)

Quote:
Quote:

Crayon wrote:
Excuse me? Because a goya uses a term it makes it treif?

If she made you a plate, would you eat from it?

She doesn't just "use" those terms, she created them!

But my argument is more than those terms. I am extremely wary of the unconditional love that she dishes out on her plates. "...and remember Flady loves you..." That is very, very dangerous when it comes from a xtian. Especially for people who suffer from a shortage of emotional satisfaction in their lives. That voice of hers fills a very deep need for most people and inevitably, her aim is that her voice becomes your own inner voice - which, when used to clear out the waste-paper basket is very good, but when her voice starts speaking out within you, you have a problem. Because whether you are conscious of it or not, you are gradually accepting her love and her principles. In fact, the unconscious acceptance is far more lethal than being conscious of it.

When I told my husband about this, he said that he has complete mesirut nefesh now about the tidiness of the house rather than have me subscribe to Flady. Very Happy

BTW Flies in my house are not welcome guests. Shooting Arrow

Crayon210

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 11:36 am
Ribbie Danzinger wrote:
If she made you a plate, would you eat from it?

?

Quote:
She doesn't just "use" those terms, she created them!

So what?

Quote:
But my argument is more than those terms. I am extremely wary of the unconditional love that she dishes out on her plates. "...and remember Flady loves you..." That is very, very dangerous when it comes from a xtian. Especially for people who suffer from a shortage of emotional satisfaction in their lives. That voice of hers fills a very deep need for most people and inevitably, her aim is that her voice becomes your own inner voice - which, when used to clear out the waste-paper basket is very good, but when her voice starts speaking out within you, you have a problem. Because whether you are conscious of it or not, you are gradually accepting her love and her principles. In fact, the unconscious acceptance is far more lethal than being conscious of it.

I think you're reading too much into it. I don't see why a Christian person loving a Jewish person is a big problem. I don't see why her mentorship is such a problem.

I have not accepted her religious principles, consciously or unconsciously. That's ridiculous. I've heard all this before, and I think it's silly.

Quote:
When I told my husband about this, he said that he has complete mesirut nefesh now about the tidiness of the house rather than have me subscribe to Flady. Very Happy

Good for your husband. And when my husband saw how much calmer I was about housekeeping, he didn't really care that it was a blue-haired fairy lady who was doing it.

By the way, MISHIE, it's NOT a cult. How do you define a cult? Maybe that's part of the problem.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics