Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do you put on your bra?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

How do you put on your bra?
Over the head  
 4%  [ 14 ]
On the front, then turning it around  
 47%  [ 155 ]
On the back  
 46%  [ 150 ]
Other, in case there is a different way I don't know about  
 1%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 324

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 6:26 pm
Stepping into it is a good idea if you're not pear shaped.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 6:39 pm
Arcy wrote:
amother wrote:
So I am the OP and I am not a troll.
This is a discussion I had with my teenage daughter. Apparently because today's teens start out with a sports bra, they get used to putting it on over their head. When they make the switch to a regular bra with hooks, they leave the hooks closed and put it on the same way. I wanted to show her that the majority do as I do, close it in back. However I see that plenty of people hook it in front and turn it around. I guess its whatever you get used to.

oh, that happened to me. sorry for thinking u were a troll... but now I do it the right way, cuz my mom asked why all my bras were getting ruined and then she showed me the right way :-)

So what do I do if she doesn't wanna listen? Thought the poll would help, but she says, leave me alone!
How do they get ruined?

Arcy

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
Arcy wrote:
amother wrote:
So I am the OP and I am not a troll.
This is a discussion I had with my teenage daughter. Apparently because today's teens start out with a sports bra, they get used to putting it on over their head. When they make the switch to a regular bra with hooks, they leave the hooks closed and put it on the same way. I wanted to show her that the majority do as I do, close it in back. However I see that plenty of people hook it in front and turn it around. I guess its whatever you get used to.

oh, that happened to me. sorry for thinking u were a troll... but now I do it the right way, cuz my mom asked why all my bras were getting ruined and then she showed me the right way :-)

So what do I do if she doesn't wanna listen? Thought the poll would help, but she says, leave me alone!
How do they get ruined?

they got stretched out, my mom told me my b**bs were going to get saggy if I didn't take care of my bras properly and if I continued to do that.... that did it for me ;-)

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 7:49 pm
LOL Awww c'mon now don't tell me you really believe that. Don't everyone's get saggy with age?
How come you still listening to your mom and mine does not want to listen to me while she is still living with me!

Arcy

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
LOL Awww c'mon now don't tell me you really believe that. Don't everyone's get saggy with age?
How come you still listening to your mom and mine does not want to listen to me while she is still living with me!

Of course I believed her!! I was in 7th or 8th grade... now I'm so used to doing it "the right way" that I can't even imagine pulling it over my head... to this day I'm super cautious about my bras... I'm now in my 20s and had plenty of fights with my mom as a teen - didn't speak to her for months once, but I'm still worried a/b getting saggy b**bs... (aren't all women worried about that?)

thedudette

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 8:10 pm
marina wrote:
What about stepping into it with your feet and then pulling it up?

What about when my lady in waiting holds it open for me and I step into it?

What about when I place the bra on my bed and fall into it in one swoop motion?

I feel like there are many options missing from this very informative poll.

thats the one, lol.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 9:09 pm
I always pull it over my head. It's fastest and I hardly ever wear bras with underwires so it doesn't poke while I put it on. I imagine pulling on a bra with underwires over your head would be uncomfortable.

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 12:28 am
Fasten in the front, then turn it around.

If I remember to wear one. In the winter I often forget.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 12:29 am
marina wrote:

This is the funniest post I ever saw on here.. definitely never laughed from a comment the way I did now...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 12:45 am
Kind of an embarrassing topic to have in a public forum... maybe move to, I don't know, emotional health? Smile or something!

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 12:46 am
What about front closing bras?

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 12:48 am
marina wrote:

This is sooo funny!!!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 1:10 am
Squishy wrote:

That's almost like cheating *gasp*!!!

LOL from all of the posts.

Not that funny, not that personal, it's something we all do, most of the time.

Unless there are some people that sleep in them too and never have to change them?

Especially those that only shower once a month or less, they can change them only a couple of times a year.

grin

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 3:30 am
amother wrote:
Squishy wrote:

Unless there are some people that sleep in them too and never have to change them?

Especially those that only shower once a month or less, they can change them only a couple of times a year.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
I'm literally in tears form this one.
yes, this poll is super informative, to say the least.

to the OP - about how to change your teen - answer: you can't. lost cause. say your blessings that it's only bras and keep buying her more as they're needed.

hadasa

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 3:59 am
I have to say thank you to the OP and other posters. At this time of year I'm extremely grateful for threads that can make me laugh.

myself

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:41 am
Until a recent comment on this forum it never occurred to me that anyone would put on a bra any other way. I've always closed it in the front and then turned it around. Do people really manage to close it in the back?!

sweetcandy

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:55 am
amother wrote:
Squishy wrote:

Funny!

I put on, then turn it around.

grin

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 10:56 am
myself wrote:
Until a recent comment on this forum it never occurred to me that anyone would put on a bra any other way. I've always closed it in the front and then turned it around. Do people really manage to close it in the back?!
in a word - yes. I never thought to put it on any differently and I don't even consider myself to be highly coordinated.

but then again, years ago most dresses closed in the back as well.

shanie5

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 12:02 am
Squishy wrote:

Thats another poll altogether. If I had a front closing bra, I would probably put it on backwards so that I close it in the back, then turn it around. After all, I only close mine from the back!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 11:46 am
When I was getting my first bras, I got a sports bra and a hooks bra. I was taught that they are different, and they are put on differently.

Sports bras went over the head like an undershirt, while the bra with hooks was hooked in the back.

For a long time, I always hooked in the back, although it was difficult at times.

One time when I was shopping and getting fitted for a bra in a different store, the saleslady showed me that it should be hooked in the front, then turn it around and pick it up. I felt like I was being taught a trade secret, making it so much easier. Now, I don't know if I could hook it in the back even if I tried. I've gained a lot of weight since then.

I think the best way to teach your daughter, is that next time she needs to buy a bra, go to a store where the saleslady gets it fitted and also shows her how to put it on.

I felt that the saleslady was the expert- just like she is an expert in what fits me exactly right, she also knows how to put it on properly- they usually adjust the straps to my shoulders etc.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics