Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
"frum linen" where can I purchase?
Previous  1  2

el2cg

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 8:18 pm
edited by mod, sorry cant post free advertising

cassandra

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 9:24 pm
NY2434 wrote:
http://www.edited...com/

That's the one I was thinking of.

su7kids

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
Op doesn't live in NYC!

What does OP stand for?

I once saw a list of commonly used abbreviations. Where can I find it?

OP stands for "original poster". Don't know where the abbreviations are.

batya_d

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 12:38 am
letsbehonest wrote:
batya_d wrote:
lubcoralsprings wrote:
I am looking for a linen set, in size full for mine and DH's beds. DOes anyone know if I can order it over the internet. I don't live in NY and am having such a hard time finding a nice set. Thanks

What is frum about two sets of full-size linens? You can order them individually from anywhere online, Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens N'Things, for example.

What you might be referring to, is a 6 piece set - 2 shams, 2 sheets-full, and 2 duvet covers-full, which is not so easy to find outside of Brooklyn. If that's what you're looking for- Boro Park linen stores are loaded with them. I doubt Manhattan stores, like the ones mentioned above, carry them. They usually don't sell the 6 piece sets.

First, BB&B and LNT aren't Manhattan stores, they are national chains with big websites.

Anyway, unless your beds are this irregular "jewish size" that I'm not familiar with, I still don't understand why you can't order a "6 piece set" from any old store. Just get two linens, two shams, two dust ruffles. If they come as a set of 3, order two!! I got all the above from regular old stores, including shams, comforters, dust ruffles, etc.-- I just got two of each!

Plus, if you go to a bigger store they'll have a much larger variety of styles to choose from than a frum shop.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 12:44 am
batya_d wrote:
letsbehonest wrote:
batya_d wrote:
lubcoralsprings wrote:
I am looking for a linen set, in size full for mine and DH's beds. DOes anyone know if I can order it over the internet. I don't live in NY and am having such a hard time finding a nice set. Thanks

What is frum about two sets of full-size linens? You can order them individually from anywhere online, Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens N'Things, for example.

What you might be referring to, is a 6 piece set - 2 shams, 2 sheets-full, and 2 duvet covers-full, which is not so easy to find outside of Brooklyn. If that's what you're looking for- Boro Park linen stores are loaded with them. I doubt Manhattan stores, like the ones mentioned above, carry them. They usually don't sell the 6 piece sets.

First, BB&B and LNT aren't Manhattan stores, they are national chains with big websites.

Anyway, unless your beds are this irregular "jewish size" that I'm not familiar with, I still don't understand why you can't order a "6 piece set" from any old store. Just get two linens, two shams, two dust ruffles. If they come as a set of 3, order two!! I got all the above from regular old stores, including shams, comforters, dust ruffles, etc.-- I just got two of each!

Plus, if you go to a bigger store they'll have a much larger variety of styles to choose from than a frum shop.

The advantage of buying in a frum store is that you get a duvet cover that matches sheets and shams, something you rarely get in not frum stores. The American public rarely uses duvet covers, it seems. And when they do, they buy solid colors that match their sheets, not sets with all pieces the same pattern.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 10:29 am
have u checked the company store catalogue - expensive, but beautiful and they have everything matching including duvet covers.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 4:13 pm
OP - what did you decide?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 3:36 pm
LCS - if you have a friend with the kind of cell phones that takes pictures, or a digital camera, she can take pictures of the linen sets sold and then they can ship the one (s) you want.

mumoo

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 2:34 am
Quote:
Anyway, unless your beds are this irregular "jewish size" that I'm not familiar with, I still don't understand why you can't order a "6 piece set"

my friend told me about a size, larger than twin, but smaller than full -available in ny but not here in chgo
(queen is close to full: 6 in wider, 5 in longer
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics