Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Shooting at a Jewish school in France
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:20 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Raisin wrote:
are they increasing security at all Jewish schools, or just the ones in toulouse?

refuah shleima to all the injured, and I hope they catch the killer soon.

Yes I already got emails from my synagogue, kids schools about enhancing security presence during the drop-off/pick-up, and reminded parents not to congregate at the gate. Outing this week could be suspended. One school has a "valet" curb-side drop off but that's been suspended. The other school has a huge fortified gate (nicknamed Checkpoint Charlie).

BDE, what a horrible news and we'll daaven for the names of the injured.

you are in the uk, right? I was talking about french schools. Hmm, I wonder if they will increase security in my kids school. (they do have a big gate, which is unlocked during pick up and drop off)

I'm also thinking what a horrible traumatic incident for all these little kids to go through. Sad

ora_43

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:34 am
The other victims have been named as Rabbi Yonatan Sandler and his sons Aryeh (6) and Gavriel (3).

They're from Kiryat Yovel, and went to France a few months ago to work in the community.

freidasima

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:36 am
This is so horrible!
Hashem Yikom damam

shosh

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 9:34 am
No words .....

Beyond my utmost sympathies for a Jewish wife and mother out there who has lost her dh and two young children in one terrible day.

And what kind of coward is one who targets children aged 8, 6, and 3?
Time for the French to get the Mossad involved and let's hope they get this tatooed Nazi before he ch'v strikes again.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 9:45 am
This is horrible. I don't know what else to say. BDE -- Hashem should avenge those lost.
And a refuah sheleima to all those wounded.

I haven't even read the news yet to see what happened. I'm not sure I can bear it. Sad

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 10:35 am
Ouch

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 10:36 am
My husband tried to hide the news for me but I found out.

I tried to organize a prayer in dd's school, and then learned the little girl (Miriam) was the niece of the middle school rebbetzin here! Crying people don't dare to tell her, she thinks she is in coma Crying

The boy to daven for now is AARON BEN LEA. In surgery.

The Sandlers were I think a French couple who made alia then came back to teach. The husband was one of the main redactors of Kountrass.

They say increased security, except we passed in front of the Otzar Hatora here to check and there was nothing. DH will be picking up Mati early just in case.

The school in Toulouse was a community school with also a dorm for children from afar. it is the only Jewish school in the whole area. We were in T two years ago to buy kosher meat when we visited my MIL who lives 200 kms from T and it is the closest kehila with a butcher.

We don't know if the killer is a neo Nazi, an anarchist, an Islamist whose imam was thrown out recently or an Algeria war vet who lost it. There is a link to the army though, he is a professional and has something against the army also. We are just all shocked.

shosh

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 10:40 am
From what I read, he has a tattooed face and may have shot at north Africans, blacks and now Jews. I reckon this one's a Nazi, if that is all true.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 10:41 am
I didn't know about the tattoo! Yes, he shot black and Carribean soldiers also.

"3 Maghreb (Arabic) soldiers killed, 1 from Martinique wounded". All in the South, in or near Toulouse.
They suspect a racist and/or linked to Afghanistan as the soldiers killed were from Afghanistan units.

shosh

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 10:58 am
In one news report, a witness said that she saw his face for a moment before he clsoed the visor on his motorbike helment and he had tattoos on his face. That sounds suspiciously neo Nazi if that is the case.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 10:59 am
There IS something more to it.

I just read that in a 200 kms radius of Toulouse the army is in alert.

Soldiers are asked to take off their uniform outside of the army area, and to not be too visible, avoid going to public places if they can.

They are looking for a link in between all the soldiers and the Jewish family targetted.

shosh

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:06 am
that does put a different complexion on this. Let's see what develops, but Hashem yishmor ...

Britmummy

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:17 am
I live next door to a Chabad school and community centre in southern France and there's been a security guy hanging around outside all day, but no police that I've seen.

It would seem that it's a racist attack, specific to the Toulouse area, rather than a terrorist or antisemitic attack, which I guess is some relief, although not for those poor families Sad

I just got an e-mail from my own rabbi that there's a tehillim service in my shul at 7.30pm to pray for the victims Sad Baruch Dayan Emet.

tamarmom

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:19 am
does anyone know a definitive list of names?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:21 am
It is confirmed he is the soldiers killer and the non official orders would be to not take him alive.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:31 am
He might be more valuable alive -- if he's part of a group of neo-Nazis or what not.

mosma

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:34 am
please update us on the tehilim names when you can...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:49 am
Aaron ben Lea in surgery, critical

Aharon ben Esther unconfirmed?

Chai Nissim ben Aziza

The others are niftar Sad Sad

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 12:12 pm
Hashem yinkom damam.
And may all involved have a refuas hanefesh and refuas haguf.
May we all come together, so sincerely and simply, for simchos until the ultimate simcha of the geulah.

celestial

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 1:14 pm
WHAT KIND OF MAN CAN SHOOT A 3 YEAR OLD?!
Hashem help us....
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics