Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Variation on 123Pesach cookie a la Raisin !

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 3:23 pm
New Pesach cookies a la Raisin !
Our Raisin has developed a new Pesach cookie recipe which is just fabulous!

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups ground nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc; different kinds give different flavors)
1 cup ground coconut
pinch salt, optional
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional

Preheat your oven to 350 deg and mix your ingredients with a spoon in your mixing bowl and then spoon onto your cookie sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes, depending on size.

Recipe makes from 18 - 2 dozen cookies.

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 3:32 pm
I used almonds. No guarantee on any other nuts. Let me know if other varieties taste good. I did not use choc chips.

I've had to stick them in the freezer to stop my family gobbling them before pesach.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:41 pm
That was one of the first things I made this morning and DS tried them already; iirc we used walnuts. Yes, I had to hide the rest, he said they were so good !

Ground walnuts in the 15 oz containers usually go on sale here before Pesach so that's usually what we use for cookies.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:47 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
That was one of the first things I made this morning and DS tried them already; iirc we used walnuts. Yes, I had to hide the rest, he said they were so good !

Ground walnuts in the 15 oz containers usually go on sale here before Pesach so that's usually what we use for cookies.

What brand comes in 15 oz containers? I don't think we get anything here other than the 6 oz. bags.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:44 pm
Klein's Naturals makes it.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:47 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Klein's Naturals makes it.

Thanks. Some of our local stores sell that brand. I'll look for the ground nuts.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:53 pm
Walnuts are the cheapest, but good luck, whatever you find! Enjoy it and let me know if you try it !

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:57 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Walnuts are the cheapest, but good luck, whatever you find! Enjoy it and let me know if you try it !

At this point I'm only baking more if we run out of baked stuff. But I am noting the recipe for the future. Thanks.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 8:30 pm
Oh, OK. that's fine. They mix up fast and don't bake long, so they're a good treat if you need something fast Chol Hamoed or the end of yomtov.

Rowe

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 2:55 pm
delicious!! thank you so much!!

cranberry

Post Fri, Apr 06 2012, 6:34 pm
I made these a few different ways. We tried them with almonds, and with walnuts and chocolate chips. Both were good. But the ones with just walnuts and no chocolate chips were absolutely delicious!

As an example, I took a batch (27 cookies) out of the oven a couple of hours ago. I ate two ( embarrassed ) and then went to take a 1/2 hour nap and then shower. When I came back out, there were only six cookies left. I guess I'll be making more on Sunday, and tomorrow everyone will have to eat the other desserts I made.

Thanks so much for this easy, wonderful recipe!

reed

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 5:41 pm
This worked great. Love the coconut, especially since I got more mileage per buck out of a coconut than any other nuts (we only use the nuts that we shelled & ground ourselves). I used whatever ground nuts were left (mix of roasted almonds, walnuts & hazelnuts). I made small cookies - I got approximately 4 dozen per batch. I refrigerated the batter so they didn't spread very much (also used cooled cookie sheets). Made sure not to overbake, slightly chewy inside.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 8:24 pm
Bump

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:24 pm
We LOVE these - I make them with whatever ground nut we have on hand, sometimes a little cinnamon or something sweet, and they never last the day out! have taught DS how to make them now, so he keeps us in stock!

boysrus

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 12:00 am
I guess a lot of you ladies have Pesach kitchens if you are cooking and baking already... wistful sigh.... Wink

rise above

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 11:23 am
Does the coconut taste come through here? Anything I can replace it with? I don't like coconut but am looking for a cookie recipe I can make without a mixer (no whipped whites). If anyone can post any here I would really appreciate it!

kakky

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 11:50 am
I would love an idea of what to substitue for the coconut, I hate coconut.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 3:35 pm
bump for those who requested it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics