Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Gourmet Glatt vs. KRM

newwife

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 6:27 pm
Any insight regarding prices, selection, quality?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 6:29 pm
gourmet glatt is between 20 -30 cents more on some items but meat section is very nice!

newwife

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 6:33 pm
On the meat also or regular grocery items?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 6:40 pm
reg grocery items but sometimes they have good sale on meat! I hate that store for one reason y they didnt make the entrance on 13th ave ?it would be so much more convenient

Sudy

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 6:46 pm
If KRM is the king of good prices what brings people to Gourmet Glatt?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 7:55 pm
gourmet glatt is new store ppl trying out its defin nicer store!

mommydiaries

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 8:44 pm
What is KRM?

Gourmet Glatt has a wider selection, and it's a prettier place to be, but it is a lot more expensive...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:04 pm
mommydiaries wrote:
What is KRM?

Gourmet Glatt has a wider selection, and it's a prettier place to be, but it is a lot more expensive...
KRM is the kollel store. Which I think has a wider selection Smile

mommydiaries

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:10 pm
Whoops! So funny. In my head I am comparing it to brachs and seasons.... Hence the wider selection comment!

There selection is better AND the prices are better??!!! That is amazing! Where is it?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:23 pm
mommydiaries wrote:
Whoops! So funny. In my head I am comparing it to brachs and seasons.... Hence the wider selection comment!

There selection is better AND the prices are better??!!! That is amazing! Where is it?
It's in Boro Park, on 39th Street between 13 & 14.
Gourmet Glatt just opened on 39th Street between 12 & 13.
Gourmet Glatt seems to have a better produce section. And a great meat department.
But KRM's meat department rocks, the prices and freshness are great. The place is bigger. Prices are a bit better.
And I'm already used to them. Smile

mommydiaries

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:39 pm
Oh!!!! Brooklyn!!! Got it.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:51 pm
I got the impression that Gourmet Glatt was trying to be a BP version of Pomegranate. I haven't been there, though, that's just the impression I got from their PR. So, somewhat pricier but for people looking for a classy shopping experience and maybe higher-class selection of things like more exotic fruits or ingredients? KRM is inexpensive and big but definitely not what you'd call an experience. No ambiance or anything. I don't care, though, I go for the inexpensive and big! I don't do grocery shopping for the "experience!"

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:54 pm
seeker wrote:
I got the impression that Gourmet Glatt was trying to be a BP version of Pomegranate. I haven't been there, though, that's just the impression I got from their PR. So, somewhat pricier but for people looking for a classy shopping experience and maybe higher-class selection of things like more exotic fruits or ingredients? KRM is inexpensive and big but definitely not what you'd call an experience. No ambiance or anything. I don't care, though, I go for the inexpensive and big! I don't do grocery shopping for the "experience!"
I too thought that's what it would be like. But it's not. It's nice but not Pomegranate. And they don't have that extra gourmet selection either.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 10:21 pm
Well... "trying to be." I guess not succeeding.

Alef Bais

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 10:59 pm
I walked into Gourmet Glatt once just to check it out and see if they had a specific item. They didn't.
I love the KRM and especially now, since GG opened, I find it's less crowded at the KRM Smile Better for me!
I am used to it there and love their sales and great prices. I don't need gourmet. I just need plain and simple and that's what the KRM has to offer. Also, I noticed they have a better selection since GG opened. Guess they're trying to keep up with the competition!

goforit

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 11:24 pm
gourment glatt has free delivery with no min. it can just be there sale items. so that counts

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 7:45 am
I go to Gourmet Glatt when KRM is out of an item or I forgot to get it and reminded myself at the checkout... I don't like the fact there is no where to park or chain my carriage so I can put the baby in a shopping cart. GG did have more of a selection of frozen ready meals and tofutti ice cream selections, 2 things KRM always lacked in. also GG is a change, am shopping in KRM since I'm a little kid...

goforit

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 8:28 am
I also found gourment has more special items like organic eggs that I usally had to go to the health food store. 0ne time I needed a special bekelah and krm didn't have it. krms sushi is for sure better.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 10:08 am
I thinkkrm is more basics typical stuff that everyone buys. Gg is more like pomegranate, a bit fancier/upper class etc.

bashinda

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 2:02 pm
Does GG deliver to Crown Heights? KRM does but they charge extra.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics