Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Ami Pesach recipes

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 9:52 am
I love collecting recipes. I bought all the magazines for the weeks leading up to Pesach. For some reason, the recipes from Leah Schapira have dissappeared. I haven't even had a chance to read them yet! Can someone please tell me what she had for Pesach recipes?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 9:56 am
IIRC there was crispy chicken strips with a tangy sauce, pepper steak, orange ginger salmon.
Don't remember what else.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 11:47 am
I have a number of pages that I tore out of Ami's Whisk magazine the week that had a lot of cookie recipes (3 weeks ago?). I've posted all of the cookie recipes in here in different threads. I don't know whose recipes they were though as that isn't on the pages I have.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 12:31 pm
Thanks ramom, those sound good. Is there anyone that would be able to type those up, so I can try them for next year?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 12:38 pm
I will try to find my copy. In the meantime here is the sauce
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....hrain

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 2:52 pm
Thank you ramom! We can always count on you!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 3:14 pm
check out OOTBubby's thread for Chocolate Nut Biscotti, by Leah Schapira.

Sugar and Spice Sweet Potato and Mango Fries

4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" wide strips
1/2 mango, cut into 1" wide strips
1 red onion, cut into 1" wide strips
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Combine oil, paprika, sugar and salt. Pour over fries and mix. Place on 2 baking sheets. Bake in oven preheated to 425 for 45 minutes.

Orange and Ginger Salmon

1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
6-8 salmon fillets
1/4 - 1/2 cup lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
2 scallions, optional

Place sugar in small saucepan over low. Carmelize sugar, swirling the pot to mix until just melted. Be careful not to burn. When carmelized, add orange juice. Sugar will harden. Mix with wooden spoon until sugar melts again and is incorporated well. Add gingrt and cook over low for 6-8 min. Cool completely.
Marinate salmon in lemon juice 15 minutes. Place salmon in parchment lined baking pan. Glaze salmon well with sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with scallions or sauteed onions.
Cover and bake in oven preheated to 425 for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.

Crispy Chicken Fingers

2/3 cup water
4 Tbsp oil
1 pinch salt
1 1/4 cups potato starch
3 eggs

1 1/2 lbs. chicken cutlets, pounded and cut into thin strips
1 tsp oil
salt and pepper
dash paprika (optional)
1 - 2 eggs, beaten
oil for frying

Bring water, oil and salt to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and whisk in potato starch with a fork. Quickly add the eggs one at a time mixing them well.
Drop 6-8 rounds of batter on a greased baking sheet. Bake in oven preheated to 400 for 30 min. Turn off oven and let cool. Shredded the pieces of cooked batter and return to the hot closed oven. Keep door closed and let sit in oven for 30 minutes until pieces have dried up. Place in food processor and blend until course crumbs form.
Rub oil and salt and peper into chicken cutlets. Dip in beaten egg. Dip in crumbs and press to coat well.
Heat 1" oil in frying oan and fry 5-6 minutes per side, until coating is golden and crispy. Reemove and drain on paper towels.
Serve with sweet and tangy dipping sauce.

Will post pepper steak and sliders soon.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 10:26 pm
THANK YOU, ramom!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 3:41 pm
Pepper Steak with Sauteed Spaghetti Squash

1 1/2 lbs. pepper steak
salt adn pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp oil
1 red onion, sliced in half moons
1 onion, sliced in half moons
3 1/4 cups chicken soup (or more to cover)
1 small-medium sweet potato
2 Tbsp potato starch

Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat and saute steak in batched for a few min on each side. Remove meat and set aside.
Add the onions to the pan and saute for 5 min. Return meat to pan, lower heat, and allow to cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, watching so it doesn't burn.
Add 2 1/2 cups of the chicken soup. Add more soup of necessary to cover meat.
Peel and grate sweet potato and add to pan. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour and 45 minutes, checking periodically to see if more chicken soup is needed,
Mix the remaining 3/4 cup chicken soup with 2 Tbsp potato starch. Pour into the pan. Adjust seasoning by adding salt and pepper. Cover over medium-low for an additional 30 minutes.

Serve with sauteed spaghetti squash.

1 spaghetti squash
1 onion, diced finely
3 Tbsp oil

Pierce squash with a fork. Bake at 375 for 1 1/2 hours until tender. Slice lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes.
In a fry pan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until translucent. Add spaghetti squash and saute and additional minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Apr 16 2012, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 3:51 pm
Guacamole Sliders with Roasted Red Pepper Mayo and Crispy Onions

1 lb. ground meat
1 onion, diced
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp red wine
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika (optional)

In a saute pan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until soft and golden. Use a blender to belnd onions with wine and spices. Mix with ground meat and form into 8 small patties. Freeze.
Slightly defrost burgers before ready to use. Heat a grill pan well. Place the burgers in the pan. Grill for 5-8 minutes, until cooked through. Flip and grill other side.
Serve with red pepper mayo, guacamole, and crispy onions.

Roasted Red Pepper Mayo

1 re bell pepper
1/4 yellow onion or 1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 extra large egg
1 1/2 cups oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Place pepper in baking pan and roast for 25 minutes, until blackened, in oven preheated to 475.
Place pepper in a plastic bag and seal closed. Let rest 15 min. Remove the pepper from bag and peel off outer edge.
Place peeled pepper in food processor with onion and lemon juice. Blend on high until pepper is almost smooth. Add egg and blend again.
GGradually add oil in a thin stream.
Season with salt and pepper.

Guacamole

1 avocado
1 Tbsp oil
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice

Mash all ingredients.

Crispy Onions

1 onion, thinly sliced
1 cup oil

Place sliced onions in a small saucepan with oil. Bring oil and onions to a boil. Lower heat and stir every so often for 12-15 minutes until onions turn a golden brown.
Drain on spread out paper towel. Let dry until it crisps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen