Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo donkey deal?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 7:39 pm
I actually think that since bugaboos have such a good resale value you could probably get a lot of the money back if you wanted to sell it. None of the doubles I had were saleable after a couple of years of use. (maclaren, twin aria)

jarussy

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 8:17 pm
I bought mine from someone who sells them for a nice discount. I do not want to write her name publicly but you can PM me and I would be happy to pass it along.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 8:57 pm
kb wrote:
It might not be a Jewish concept to spend that much money on a stroller, but 'bderech sheadam rotze leleich' is.
This is the first time I ever heard this concept applied in such a frivolous context. This has nothing to do with the agadata.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:16 pm
I sell strollers at discounted prices, and sell the donkey for mono for $950 with no taxes and free shipping to NY!
Feel free to email me at Jessi11287@gmail.com

We have many other strollers including Citymini, Mountainbuggy and more...all with special pricing

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:21 pm
**also sell the Donkey with double seat for $1350

kb

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:35 am
Quote:
This is the first time I ever heard this concept applied in such a frivolous context.

I don't know what you think the frivolous context. The way I see the situation here, someone asked people for some advice, and instead of giving the advice, you decided to give your opinion. There are plenty of stroller threads here of people looking for opinions, but OP wasn't. She knows what she wants to get, just wants advice of where to get the best deal.

My point of this quote is that even if something is not a good idea, Hashem lets you do it if you want to. Are you better than got that we have to spend page after page telling op what else you could do with the money she's spending on a stroller? She asked a question, answer her. And yes, let her do what she wants to do.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:57 am
kb wrote:
Quote:
This is the first time I ever heard this concept applied in such a frivolous context.

I don't know what you think the frivolous context. The way I see the situation here, someone asked people for some advice, and instead of giving the advice, you decided to give your opinion. There are plenty of stroller threads here of people looking for opinions, but OP wasn't. She knows what she wants to get, just wants advice of where to get the best deal.

My point of this quote is that even if something is not a good idea, Hashem lets you do it if you want to. Are you better than got that we have to spend page after page telling op what else you could do with the money she's spending on a stroller? She asked a question, answer her. And yes, let her do what she wants to do.

I agree that a person asking for advice/information should not be receiving an overdose of musar or philosophy instead. I apologize for participating in the tangent.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:02 am
kb wrote:
Quote:

I do apologize for the tangent, but do want to make clear not a single post of mine was directed at OP at all.
I only started in when someone declared it an investment for comfort. I sought to dispel that notion. Looks like my posts went completely over everyone's heads. It's fine if OP can afford a Donkey and wants one. I have absolutely no issue with that.

kb

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:06 am
Okay, sorry for getting upset, then. (Next time, lets start a spin-off, though. Cuz I wasn't defending op's lifestyle, just her rights to getting her answer without being bashed.) Very Happy

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:13 am
You already know the spinoff-"my neighbor is on government programs and has a bugaboo donkey". Then the thread will go on for 10 pages or so.....

kb

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:15 am
cuz her inlaws bought her the stroller! Why do people have to think badly of people? LOL

5*Mom

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:19 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't buy these arguments one bit. ... My double stroller is cheap ($220) and doesn't push great but it's been in use for over 5 years and there is nothing wrong with it, which didn't provide me with an excuse to get a new one with bigger wheels Very Happy ...

I've stayed out of this one until now but I would like to respond to this. I am small, tend toward anemia and chronic low blood pressure. Don't have a lot of koach for pushing. For me, I can definitely feel a difference in the way strollers push--some of them need more strength than I have and it seriously takes a toll, to the point that I might avoid going out at all if pushing the stroller would feel like an ordeal.

I have a lightweight double umbrella stroller in my machsan that I hardly ever used b/c I simply cannot maneuver it without wearing myself out. I should be in the market for a new one and I've test-driven a few which led me to the conclusion that if I bought any other stroller but one that "pushes like a dream"--which for me means barely uses any energy--I would never use it. Unfortunately, I do not have the money for the Donkey but if I did, you can be sure I'd buy it so my kids would still have a mother by the time we finished whatever errand we were on. As it stands now, I'm passing on a double altogether and will just have to find other transportation solutions (like taking a bigger kid with me to push a second single stroller).

If you don't feel the difference, more power to you, but to some it really does make a tangible difference.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:55 am
5*Mom wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't buy these arguments one bit. ... My double stroller is cheap ($220) and doesn't push great but it's been in use for over 5 years and there is nothing wrong with it, which didn't provide me with an excuse to get a new one with bigger wheels Very Happy ...

I've stayed out of this one until now but I would like to respond to this. I am small, tend toward anemia and chronic low blood pressure. Don't have a lot of koach for pushing. For me, I can definitely feel a difference in the way strollers push--some of them need more strength than I have and it seriously takes a toll, to the point that I might avoid going out at all if pushing the stroller would feel like an ordeal.

Absolutely the same boat as you, plus low blood sugar Smile
I can also feel the difference in pushing which is why I wrote that, but buying a double jogger was not in the budget. My point was I can definitely understand why someone would want an easy to push stroller because I grapple with the same thing, but there are MANY alternatives on the market for a fraction of the cost (even if $600 is too much for me, someone looking to spend $1500 won't feel the same Smile) and there is no need to justify the need to get a Donkey for that purpose.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:46 am
for the record, my millionaire grandparents bought matza w/ a coupon.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 12:04 pm
I haven't read the whole thread but I find it interesting that some people think that if you have the money you should just pay full price without looking for a good deal. My dh is in diamonds, he just sold a $1.5 million stone to this ridiculously wealthy guy. When it came time to wire the money the guy didn't want to pay the couple hundred dollar fee for the wire. Bizarre but everyone wants to feel like they're getting some kind of discount.

Hashemlovesme

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 1:50 pm
threads like this make ppl justify spending "only" $800 on a stroller when they can't relly affort that.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 1:55 pm
Hashemlovesme wrote:
threads like this make ppl justify spending "only" $800 on a stroller when they can't relly affort that.

For some people strollers that push well are a necessity. I live in Montreal and there is no way you can push a stroller with small wheels like the maclaren in the snow. You end up holding the stroller together with the baby in your hands.

Hashemlovesme

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:16 pm
there are many strollers that push well for less, esp if you are willing to buy a used one, but even if not. Granted dif areas have dif needs that are to be taken into account.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
Hashemlovesme wrote:

For some people strollers that push well are a necessity. I live in Montreal and there is no way you can push a stroller with small wheels like the maclaren in the snow. You end up holding the stroller together with the baby in your hands.

there are strollers that are usable in the snow for under $600.
Bob double - under $600
Schwinn - under $300 - it pushes like a dream - it just isn't 'designer' anything. My sister-in-law has had it through 4 births over 6 years.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:46 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
5*Mom wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I've stayed out of this one until now but I would like to respond to this. I am small, tend toward anemia and chronic low blood pressure. Don't have a lot of koach for pushing. For me, I can definitely feel a difference in the way strollers push--some of them need more strength than I have and it seriously takes a toll, to the point that I might avoid going out ait all if pushing the stroller would feel like an ordeal.

Absolutely the same boat as you, plus low blood sugar Smile
I can also feel the difference in pushing which is why I wrote that, but buying a double jogger was not in the budget. My point was I can definitely understand why someone would want an easy to push stroller because I grapple with the same thing, but there are MANY alternatives on the market for a fraction of the cost (even if $600 is too much for me, someone looking to spend $1500 won't feel the same Smile) and there is no need to justify the need to get a Donkey for that purpose.

I'm the bumbleride amother. I bought ours used for $350 in excellent condition (the frame was actually brand new, still with tags). I wouldn't either manage without a jogger, so I found one within my budget. Does the donkey really push better than high end joggers? $1150 better?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics