Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Looking for Chardal community

frummy613

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 9:45 pm
We are making Aliyah soon and are looking for a "Chardal" community.
We feel strongly that we dont want our daughters to interminle with boys and vice versa, we dont approve of TV and dont allow magazines etc. in our home
At the same time, we feel a strong sense of zionism, and come from YU lifestyle.
Is there a good community/school for us?!
So confused since we are not black and white.
Thanks

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 1:13 am
Nof Ayalon
Mevo Choron
Yad Binyamin
Mitzpeh Yericho

Just to name a few.

YaelB

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 1:59 am
Neve Daniel has a variety, but certainly plenty of Chardal people who are serious about Torah. Their Bnei Akiva isn't mixed.

Mitzpe Yericho is another good option! Very serious community, lots of Torah.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:09 am
YaelB wrote:
Neve Daniel has a variety, but certainly plenty of Chardal people who are serious about Torah. Their Bnei Akiva isn't mixed.

Mitzpe Yericho is another good option! Very serious community, lots of Torah.
Funny that you mentioned NEve Daniel. That is where I live. I dont know if I would call it chardal per say, but it is mixed in the level of observance, a bit of everything.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:13 am
We also have a variety here in Ma'ale Adumim. The school is Torani. There are people with different levels, but everyone is respectful. There are plenty of people here who don't do TV, etc. I would say having TV is for sure in the minority (though lots of people allow some movies).

We have b'nei akiva (separate) and Ariel (totally separate, different buildings for boys & girls).

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:54 am
Kochav Yaakov.

Maybe someone who lives there can give more details (we're moving there later this summer) but as I understand it, it's is mixed Chardal/DL.

(and your kids can come hang out with us... we don't allow our kids tv or secular music)

Tamiri

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:56 am
There are many DL with no TV, no inter-mingling between the genders etc. Mercaz HaRav-type people come to mind. Very Zionistic but also halachically very strict. I think you should take a look around before you decide anything.

jackiejoel3

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 4:18 am
If you are interested in Jerusalem kiryat Moshe might be a good fit for you or you may be very happy at the Bottom of Har Nof (not at the top) the Mamaad in Har Nof is fabulous and has mostly families like what you are describing.

TzipG

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:31 am
jackiejoel3 wrote:
If you are interested in Jerusalem kiryat Moshe might be a good fit for you or you may be very happy at the Bottom of Har Nof (not at the top) the Mamaad in Har Nof is fabulous and has mostly families like what you are describing.

While I am happy with the Mamad Har Nof, and there are a number of really nice young DL (not really chardal) families, it is *not* a great community for young families. Most young families are here for a few years and then move on. Prices are sky high and prohibitive for most young families to buy. My dd is in 4th grade and has maybe 3 girls in the neighborhood that go to school with her and are in her youth group. My younger kids have more friends but not that many. I will admit that it's a great place to land in Israel and live in the amazing city of Y-m until you figure out where you want to settle afterwards.

frummy613

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 1:31 am
taking my pilot trip now...visited mitzpe yericho, anyone have a contact person there? it seems very israeli, and we need to some english speakers.
planning to visit kochav hashachar today!

LisaS

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 1:55 am
Let me know if you'd like to come see Mevo Horon. It is in the Modiin area.

Out of 350 families we have 15 who speak to the kids in English.

frummy613

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 2:29 am
trying to get in touch with inthekitchen!!!! she postedabt her community, and it sounds perfect for us...can s.o pm mewhere she lives or a way to contact her sinceshe doesnt do imamother often and our pilot trip is ending soon!!!
TIA

zipporah

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 5:39 am
frummy613 wrote:
taking my pilot trip now...visited mitzpe yericho, anyone have a contact person there? it seems very israeli, and we need to some english speakers.
planning to visit kochav hashachar today!

I live in Mitzpe Yericho. Are you still in Israel? There are about 10-15 families who hang out with other Anglos, and 20-30 more who are Anglo but are embedded into the Israeli community. Mix of dati leumi (like me) and Torani.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 5:54 am
frummy613 wrote:
trying to get in touch with inthekitchen!!!! she postedabt her community, and it sounds perfect for us...can s.o pm mewhere she lives or a way to contact her sinceshe doesnt do imamother often and our pilot trip is ending soon!!!
TIA

Check out the list I posted in the other thread about chardal yishuvim in Yehsa.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions