Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Toronto trip

amother

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 2:52 pm
anyone know how we make the most of our two day trip to toronto during chanukah?

what should we do? we have a six month old baby so we need ideas that are carriage compatible (no amusement parks...)

anon- becuase I do not want my family members to know my screnn name.

PS- how long does it take from ny to toronto. we do not stop often and usuallly drive 74 mph.

JRKmommy

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 3:10 pm
The trip is around 10 hours.

Indoors: Royal Ontario Museum, Eaton Centre (shopping), Ontario Science Centre, Ontario Early Years Centres (free centers where you can play with your children 0-6 years old)

Outdoors: Toronto Zoo (they have some indoor pavillions open year-round), City Hall and Nathen Philips Square, Kensington Market (lively neighbourhood with many little shops, very multicultural, former heart of the Jewish community which still has some wonderful old shuls including my old favorite, the Anshei Minsk).

There will be a variety of Chanukkah parties and menorah lightings upon to the public, particularly further north in the Jewish areas. Chabad Flamingo will be doing a public lighting at the Vaughan Mills mall, which is the largest indoor mall in the Toronto area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics