Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Nechemya Weberman charged with abusing 12 yr old girl
  1  2  3  21  22  23  Next

eatingbagels

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 1:42 am
Apparently there are posters raising money for an accused child molestor, talking about people banding together about the vicious lies that plague people and the community. (And make the girl who accused the man look like a sick liar.)
Any willy people here? Please tell me that these posters do not represent the majority of Williamsburg and only represent the accused.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/20.....klyn/

abmom

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 2:16 am
This is so sick!
http://youtu.be/J5OwygbKfdQ
There will be a money raising event tomorow. The girls friends have a permit to protest outside by the event. The media will be there too. What a major chilul hashem! We look so silly defending a child molester.

grin

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 2:21 am
abmom wrote:
The media will be there too. What a major chilul hashem! We look so silly defending a child molester.
I think "silly" is putting it mildly - it makes the community look irresponsible and sick.

abmom

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 2:36 am
Here's a link to the poor girl's story.
http://t.co/Mfkpvbpx

Strawberry2

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 3:23 am
shock

cbt

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 3:28 am
abmom wrote:

What also really struck me was the reason the girl was sent to a therapist in the first place, for asking questions!
I hope this and her family get the help and justice that they deserve.

5*Mom

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 4:18 am
Crying

eatingbagels

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 5:28 am
And then there's this: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05.....;_r=1
The sad thing is that the people who are most harmed by these coverups are potential victims within the orthodox community: us.

imamiri

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 6:07 am
What's wrong with people? Raising money for a child molester?!

smoms

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:03 am
These seem to be counter posters. Hope the link works.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new.....ZF5FB

Happy18

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:18 am
Why does this happen??????? Have we given so much power to Rabbis that they have become perfect? Last time I checked there is only one perfect being and that is hashem.

Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

Chloe

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:45 am
I live in Williamsburg. You all know that I'm a realistic open-minded person (you can read my posts) and I am outspoken against child molesters. However, in this case, if you would know the girl you would not be so easily influenced by the media (the worst place from where to gain accurate insights with all their hype and distortions).

I know this girl personally. I do not want to take sides, or speak loshon horah because of course I wasn't there when she was having her session with him, but I can tell you that it is extremely easy to accuse a man nowadays and I believe that this is the case here from the INSIDE STORY that I personally know.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:55 am
Chloe wrote:
I live in Williamsburg. You all know that I'm a realistic open-minded person (you can read my posts) and I am outspoken against child molesters. However, in this case, if you would know the girl you would not be so easily influenced by the media (the worst place from where to gain accurate insights with all their hype and distortions).

I know this girl personally. I do not want to take sides, or speak loshon horah because of course I wasn't there when she was having her session with him, but I can tell you that it is extremely easy to accuse a man nowadays and I believe that this is the case here from the INSIDE STORY that I personally know.

Why was he having three hour sessions and taking her upstate alone?

ora_43

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:59 am
I don't think it's bad to raise money for someone who's been accused but not convicted. If one of the people I trust were accused of a crime I'd probably do the same for them. All money does is buy someone a decent defense, not affect the outcome (unless it's a corrupt court, I guess, but hopefully that's not the situation).

But the way they are doing it is terrible terrible terrible. Even if the man really were innocent - what does it do to people who might have suffered molestation, to see so many posters supporting the accused and accusing the victim?

And if he's not innocent, it's a hundred times worse. And since nobody knows for sure if he's innocent except him and this girl, nobody should be taking that risk by openly accusing her, no matter how much they trust him.

Chloe

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 8:59 am
cbt wrote:
abmom wrote:

What also really struck me was the reason the girl was sent to a therapist in the first place, for asking questions!
I hope this and her family get the help and justice that they deserve.

An important thing to remember: There are always two sides to a story. And don't believe everything your read or here especially if it's coming from the media or a blog.

I know the mantra for the US justice system is innocent until proven guilty, but this doesn't seem to apply to those accused of s-xual accusations. People so easily always believe the victim's side without knowing either the accuser or the victim and without even hearing the other side of the story.

Chloe

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 9:00 am
ora_43 wrote:
I don't think it's bad to raise money for someone who's been accused but not convicted. If one of the people I trust were accused of a crime I'd probably do the same for them. All money does is buy someone a decent defense, not affect the outcome (unless it's a corrupt court, I guess, but hopefully that's not the situation).

But the way they are doing it is terrible terrible terrible. Even if the man really were innocent - what does it do to people who might have suffered molestation, to see so many posters supporting the accused and accusing the victim?

And if he's not innocent, it's a hundred times worse. And since nobody knows for sure if he's innocent except him and this girl, nobody should be taking that risk by openly accusing her, no matter how much they trust him.

Well said.

Chloe

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 9:03 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Chloe wrote:

Again, don't believe everything you read. And don't make judgement until you know the whole story.
It's horrible to be accused of a s-xual crime when you're innocent. (Speaking in general. I am not taking sides in this case)

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 9:13 am
Chloe wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
Chloe wrote:

Again, don't believe everything you read. And don't make judgement until you know the whole story.
It's horrible to be accused of a s-xual crime when you're innocent. (Speaking in general. I am not taking sides in this case)

I really, really hope it's not true and he can prove his innocence. It seems like statements like these should be easily proven false in court. Best case scenario- he is not guilty, and can prove it.

chipsy

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 10:50 am
1. Is he a licensed therapist?
2. why is he seeing little girls/teenagers????

Grandmama

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 11:03 am
What about yichud? When a frum girl sees a frum male "therapist" they should not be alone, ever.
Certainly not with a closed door!
There seems to be a lot more to this story, and I am not taking sides. But in the first place, no woman or girl should have to be alone in a room with any male, ever, be it a doctor or any professional.
Page 1 of 23   1  2  3  21  22  23  Next Recent Topics