Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Thrush

Tovah

Post Sat, Apr 16 2005, 9:01 pm
do I need to take my son to have it checked out on sunday or can I wait for monday? is their anything I can do for it myself, or do I need a perscription? no I don't have it too.

ilvmommyhood

Post Sat, Apr 16 2005, 9:05 pm
if you are nursing I would call your ob and ask them if they should. Be careful after you nurse to wash your hands and also before you go to the bathroom- you don't want it to spread into a yeast infection down there. I would call sooner than later because you don't want it spreading to you and it can become really uncomfortable for the baby.

BasHashem

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 3:59 am
thursh is very common when nursing. I know in montreal you can go to pharmaprix and get..........osih whats the name I think nystantin for you, and you dont have to wipe it off when nursing. I had one son who had constant ear infections, and the antibotics gave him terrible thrush, that we passed back n forth to each other. They nystantin didnt work,for him (but did for other of my kids) but what did work was genchin voilet(sold over the contater in the states), its messy but wonderful. Most of his baby pictures are with purple smiles, lol. Yogart is also good, full of the right bacterial for yeaste.

Good luck Bassie

queenie

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 11:40 am
You should always go to get a scrip for thrush. Usually the child's mouth is in pain. Be careful. When my daughter had it she stopped eating. She didn't have a wet diaper once for 10 hours. I freaked!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics