Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Piling new slinky skirt - no returns

sky

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 5:00 pm
I recently bought one of those slinky pleated skirts made by a Jewish company. I've had it 3 weeks and worn it 5 times and it is piling horribly. I washed it once. My last similar skirt, by a different company died at 5 years old and didn't do this at all.
The store I bought it at has a big sign that says no returns for piling.
What do I do now with a skirt I was planning on wearing all summer and is already looking horribly piled?

I feel bad saying this but this is why I hate buying from frum stores - if it was from Macys I'd return it in a heartbeat. And they would stand behind what they sold.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 5:30 pm
Get something like this:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-......html

And don't feel bad. This is why the only item I've purchased in a frum clothing store in the last 8 years besides from a shell has been a plus size ankle length denim maternity skirt, the type of item you can pretty much only find in a frum store!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 5:41 pm
Use a disposable leg razer to remove the pills

sky

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 6:49 pm
Problem is I need this to be easy. I don't have time to spend on my clothing. But thanks for the idea.

Skippy!!

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 7:25 pm
Me too, I have a slinky, wrap around, Junee skirt and after the first time of washing it it looks terrible the whole material is pilled.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 7:33 pm
yep, that is the same as mine. I'm so annoyed. Especially because my last one lasted so long.

spinkles

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 7:51 pm
Quote:
The store I bought it at has a big sign that says no returns for piling

Yikes. Big red flag. Confused Sorry that happened to you. I really think it's kedai to speak with the store owner, calmly and nicely, to discuss the problem and how disappointed you are. If she has a sign up, she knows there's a problem, so why is she selling that brand? IME you have to pressure a bit.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 8:28 pm
Most frum stores I've been too have such a sign.
Like no returns for:
piling
fading
bleeding
shrinking

Strawberry2

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 7:30 am
ra_mom wrote:
Use a disposable leg razer to remove the pills

I have to try this. I almost threw out 3 of my DDs pencil skirts. Thanks!

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 8:15 am
Can you wear it inside-out? That actually can work with some skirts, if you like the seams-on-the-outside look. (just remove the label, no one has to see your clothing size...lol)

questioner

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 10:51 am
I have the same issue with a Junee skirt. I actually bought a skirt, washed it once and it pilled and the store took it back and gave me a different one (no money back) and now the second one pilled right away and they don't want to take it back (wasn't a sign in the store abt pilling, but Junee won't take it back from them). I spoke to a Rav who said this is a classic mekach ta'us and they should give the money back... but I didn't get anywhere yet.

And to me, a $38 skirt is a pretty big investment, it was supposed to last me at least a year Sad Anyone know of any alternatives to Junee that last better? (I need long, black, comfortable, low-maintenance, doesn't have to be a slinky material)

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:33 pm
Here's a good one, not sure if the aline style is ok. Originally, $90, on sale for $65 plus an additional 40% off sale. And it's Talbots so I bet they're a bit nicer about returns but the quality must be better anyhow. Machine wash.

http://www.talbots.com/online/.....90030

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:37 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Get something like this:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-......html

And don't feel bad. This is why the only item I've purchased in a frum clothing store in the last 8 years besides from a shell has been a plus size ankle length denim maternity skirt, the type of item you can pretty much only find in a frum store!

I've bought one of those and if you're not careful, it'll turn a pile into a whole!! I ruined a very expensive sweater that way.

Mrs. Crocs

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:38 pm
The Monte Claire (or however you spell it) $30 straight long slinky ones won't pimple. I just bought my 3rd one....

You just need to go up a size cuz they run smallish.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:39 pm
questioner wrote:
I have the same issue with a Junee skirt. I actually bought a skirt, washed it once and it pilled and the store took it back and gave me a different one (no money back) and now the second one pilled right away and they don't want to take it back (wasn't a sign in the store abt pilling, but Junee won't take it back from them). I spoke to a Rav who said this is a classic mekach ta'us and they should give the money back... but I didn't get anywhere yet.

And to me, a $38 skirt is a pretty big investment, it was supposed to last me at least a year Sad Anyone know of any alternatives to Junee that last better? (I need long, black, comfortable, low-maintenance, doesn't have to be a slinky material)

I have the same issue with their skirts but I still buy them because I have no alternative. I buy about three (some as high as $44) and it lasts me about 6 months or less. CRAZY!!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:40 pm
eva0219 wrote:
The Monte Claire (or however you spell it) $30 straight long slinky ones won't pimple. I just bought my 3rd one....

You just need to go up a size cuz they run smallish.

where do you buy that?

Mrs. Crocs

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:45 pm
I've bought them in Boro Park in Lebons and the hosiery store on 13/52. E/o I know who bought them were happy w/them.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 5:00 pm
Polyesther and acrylic will pill. Maybe stick to cotton or linen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics