Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Chava goldman's book

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 4:50 pm
I ws just curious to find out if any of you have read this book (from one of the ads on the top of the website) and if so, was it helpful?

I want to buy it (it looks good and informative) but I would love to hear from others who have read it.

suomynona

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 5:18 am
My husband just got it for me for chanuka!
(I told him to Smile )
I like it alot so far. I'm only up to the 3rd chapter or so, but it's just what I need.
It's not a specific diet. It helps you along with whatever diet you choose to go on. It has a lot of practical tips geared to a frum woman's lifestyle.
I just don't understand why she doesn't include anything about dieting while pregnant/nursing. I feel like that's a glaring ommission for a book written for Jewish women.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 12:50 pm
my sister used to diet while nursing. I wasn't surprised that the poor baby wasn't gaining either. Her milk was affected by it. For the next baby, she didn't diet, and the nursing went well. and yeah, she did gain herself too Wink

hipstamom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2007, 2:39 pm
You can diet while nursing! You just have to be smart about it.

First, you have make dairy a priority. I'm lactose intolerant but I can eat cheese, yogurt, and drink Lactaid milk (I tend to go for Soy Milk though).

Second, lots of fruit and veggies (you'd have to be careful with the dark greens though). I like fruity salads.

Third, nuts are very good for you and provide lots of protein.

Fourth, stick with chicken and fish. I'm allergic to most fish so that was out. I had a lot of boneless/skinless chicken breasts.

Fifth, don't starve yourself. It's better to graze and eats lots of small meals throughout the day, that stuff your face at the end of the day.

Last but not least, drink plenty of water. Good to keep milk supply up and helps you lose weight too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise