Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Which of the Fishbein cookbooks is the most useful?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Which of the Fishbein cookbooks is the most useful?
Kosher Palette  
 30%  [ 18 ]
Kosher by Design (2003)  
 23%  [ 14 ]
Kosher by Design Entertains  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Kosher by Design- Kids in the Kitchen  
 15%  [ 9 ]
Kosher by Design- Short On Time  
 25%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 59

fmt4

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:18 am
I have all of the KBD books. I mostly bought them because they looked so yummy lol and the pictures made me salivate, but I have had mostly good experiences with the recipes. I recently discovered allrecipes.com however, and now I rarely use them! I did have one bad experience though actually just this past Shavuos! I decided to make champagne-poached salmon with champagne cream sauce from the first KBD book. It calls for a whole bottle of champagne, so it is a bit of a luxury, but I wanted something nice for my guests. As I started the recipe, I noticed it said to add THREE TABLESPOONS of salt to the champagne in the pan. It seemed a little weird to me, but she's usually very on with her measurements so I started dumping in salt. After two tablespoons, I decided I should probably double check. She says she got her recipe from the food network, so I googled it and sure enough, their recipe called for ONE TEASPOON! I ran to taste it, and it was sooooooo salty! Thank g-d I hadn't added in the last tablespoon so it was still edible, and ended up being delicious after a night in the fridge. But I still can't believe she made such a huge mistake! Especially when there's an expensive bottle of champagne involved!

Mrs.K

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:21 am
Why is Kosher Palette up there if it's not a Fishbein book?

In any event, I'm sorry you had such a frustrating experience.

Blair

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:53 am
I have found that many of her recipes are no quit right. She has good ideas and that's why I have her cookbooks but her recipes are not the best. More steps then need be taken. PM me f you have a recipe from one of her books that you want to make I'm sure I can tell you a better way to prepare it in a quicker more efficient way.

frumluv

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:28 am
I know this is an old thread, but Borders has a 50% off coupon for rewards members (good only today) & since I don't own any KBD books, was wondering which is the best one,

Thanks!!

greeneyes

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:47 am
frumluv wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but Borders has a 50% off coupon for rewards members (good only today) & since I don't own any KBD books, was wondering which is the best one,

Thanks!!

I own them all & it's hard for me to pick which one is best. I think I use Kosher by Design & Kosher Palette most frequently. KBD Entertains & KBD Short on Time also have some great recipes, but I think the first two I mentioned will be most useful.

Let us know which one you decide to get! Smile
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics