Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Breakfast ideas

keepsmiling

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 1:22 pm
I'm looking for more options and ideas as to what to serve my kids for breakfast. Its usually the same almost every day and I;d love to have more for them. Any ideas...?

Also, how do you serve breakfast? Do you sit everyone down. Do you make it a quick, on-the-way out meal?

keepsmiling

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 4:46 pm
bump

thatgirl

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 6:52 pm
My toddler loves cereal and milk. If I dont have cereal in the house I give him oatmeal or cheese or eggs.

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 6:56 pm
What I started doing once in a while is "teddy bear toast." I toast a slice of whole wheat bread and spread some peanut butter on it. Then I take 3 slices of banana. I put two of them on the top corners of the bread (ears) and the third slice of banana in the middle of the toast. I then make 2 eyes out of raisins and put another raisin on the banana slice in the middle to make the bear's nose/mouth area. It comes out looking really cute and my dd loves it!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 7:20 pm
My ds likes yogurt with granola, dry cereal or with milk, and fruit smoothies.

keepsmiling

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 11:26 pm
Do you give the same every day? Decide on different ones for each day? Pick the one the child likes best and stick with that?

de_goldy

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 12:15 am
I do eggs, grilled cheese (ww, in the oven) and cut up fruit pretty much every morning. between all that everyone has something they will eat.

Sometimes a kid will request toast (ww) with cream cheese or butter which is also fine.

In the winter once in a while I'll make oatmeal or farina but no one here is crazy about it.

I don't consider cereal and milk to be a good, healthy breakfast.

culinaryk

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 11:40 am
How about granola and yogurt. Or some healthy muffins. Or eggs with toast. If you want some great recipes for granola or muffins just let me know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics