Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Garter Belts - where can I buy one?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 12:05 am
My mom needs to wear compression hose. She bought thigh highs, but somehow they keep falling down; the elastic on top does not hold in place. We were wondering if there are still "garter belts" around, like they had many years ago or something similar which will keep the thigh highs in place, yet not interefere with her circulation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Oh, and btw we would prefer if we can purchase this in a drug store or store such as K-mart or Target, rather than online.
TIA

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 1:05 am
I'll give you a laugh.
My grandmother used to sew a piece of elastic or ribbon onto the top/front of the thigh-high, pulled it over the shoulder, and sewed the other end onto the top/back of the thigh-high.

hml

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 1:37 am
havent boutht it in a while, but im pretty sure they still make them. I would try a local heimishe lingerei shop. (If in bp, saposh or top priority). Good Luck!

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 6:19 am
They have them in Victorias Secret. You can also try Walmart.

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 12:58 pm
I wear thigh high compression stockings. I looked everywhere for a garter, and then gave up. The place where I bought them (a pharmacy that sells medical equipment) sold this roll on sticky stuff that you put on under the elastic band. It worked great, although depending on how physically able your mom is, the mechanics of using it might be tough. I now wear Jobst, with the silicone dot band, and it stays up realy well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics