Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Can I invite cousins to his party?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 9:56 pm
I thought it would be a cute idea to invite some of my kids cousins to his birthday party but one of my sils dosnt have kids and I am scared if I invite the others she will be hurt. also Im not sure if I should invite her if she might feel uncomfortable.

rachelbg

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 10:15 pm
A kid's cousins are appropriate guests for his birthday party.

Perhaps all of the sis/sil's could go out for lunch during the party so they can have a get-together on their own, sans the kids. That way everyone is included in some way, but not in an in your face kind of way.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 10:23 pm
I recently made a party like this, but with neighbors, not relatives. I served a small salad bar, pecan bars and coffee. That way the adults had something to do too. My friend without a kid was also able to participate, sit around the table and eat without feeling out of place too much.
Salad bar was really easy to put together too.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 8:04 am
And what? You'll be afraid to invite your sil to your ds bar mitzvah, too, because she has no kids? (G-d willing by then she'll have a houseful.)

Best b-day party I ever attended was for a 4-y/o, one table for kids, one table for adults of all ages, some of whom had kids at the party, some of whom had none.

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 8:12 am
Invite the cousins. Invite the sil without kids. She can choose to attend or not. Before I guess kids, only being around newborns was difficult. Being around kids was a pleasure for me even during that period.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics