Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Recipe w/ overripe peaches

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 12:54 am
I have a lot of overripe peaches & am looking for a recipe. most peach cobbler recipes call for canned peaches. I also have a few plumbs & pears, but those are still edible. TIA!

peppermint

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 1:21 am
never tried making it but fruit leather sounds good.

http://www.pennilessparenting.......html

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 1:24 am
thanks peppermint, but my filter blocks almost e/t. can you cut & paste the recipe for me?

peppermint

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 1:33 am
Homemade Fruit Leather Recipe from http://www.pennilessparenting.......html

Ingredients:
Fruit (fresh, or canned and strained, raw or cooked)

Instructions:
1. Cut off all the blemishes from your fruit.

2. Blend the fruit in a blender or food processor until relatively smooth. Small chunks are ok.

3. Line a baking tray with baking paper, then smooth the blended fruit onto the tray. You should probably use more than pictured here- this is too little and makes a thinner, cracklier fruit leather instead of a very pliable.

4. Put in the oven on the lowest temperature setting possible, and prop open the door a drop (less than a centimeter) to allow moisture to escape.

5. Check on the fruit every so often, and remove from the oven when it's dry. Be careful not to keep it in too long or it will burn and/or dry out to much. I found this needed between 2 and 4 hours, depending on how thick I piled it on the baking paper.

6. Peel the baking paper off the fruit leather, and cut into strips.

Enjoy guilt free, knowing that you saved some less than perfect fruit from going into the trash, and made a treat that is relatively healthy, at least in comparison to the standard treats on the market.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 3:27 am
thanks for the recipe, I had no patience for peeling & such so I cut them all up & put it to boil in a pot w/ water & some lemon juice. I hope it comes out ok!

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 4:01 am
I'd cut, blend up with milk and maybe sugar or sweetener, though probably not necessary, and freeze. You could also blend up with yogurt.

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 4:10 am
I have made peach pie. I just substitute for apples.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 6:53 am
Peach compote is very refreshing in the summer. Just cut up peaches into fourths. Throw in a pot with water and sugar and cook until soft. (don't overcook). And chill.

I made peach cobbler recently with fresh peaches. It came out terrific not a crumb was left. Just follow a regular recipe you know the types that call for oatmeal and brown sugar....should come out very yummy.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 6:40 pm
You can halve them and remove stones, place skin side down in an oven proof dish/pyrex, fill the "dimple" where the stones were with marzipan, pour generous splash of amaretto and broil till the marzipan bubbles and browns. Easier than crumble.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics