Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Apartment for Rent in Boro Park?
1  2  Next

Smiles

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 2:45 pm
Anyone know of a 4 bedroom apartment for rent in BP?

timeout

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 2:47 pm
How much would you like to spend?

Smiles

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 2:51 pm
Its not for me. I know someone who just got section 8 and is having a hard time finding an apartment. She is willing to pay upto $2200.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 2:56 pm
My mortgage is a lot less than that!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 3:00 pm
My mortgage is HALF of that!!!!!

Try the Jewish Press, they usually have a lot of listings in BP.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 3:03 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
My mortgage is a lot less than that!
The reason for that is that 4 bedroom apartments are relatively rarely rented. Most people buy apartments like that in B.P., when being built, at similar to the cost of a small 1 family house in Flatbush, and have zero income. These apartments get grabbed up in the good sections, even at this price.

timeout

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 3:13 pm
you mean to say her section 8 will pay the $2200 Wink

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 3:18 pm
timeout wrote:
you mean to say her section 8 will pay the $2200 Wink

No way, the renter will pay the difference. Hamaivin Yavin.

Smiles

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 3:22 pm
The apartment issue in BP is totally out of hand. The rent is so high. Rent for a small 2 bedroom apartment goes for $1200-$1400. Now if you have section 8 then your lucky, if you don't you're in trouble. Nearly all of your income goes to the rent! The papers don't have much to offer because these big apartments go like hot cake. They are probably not even put in the paper.

Quote:
you mean to say her section 8 will pay the $2200

Not at all, she will still be left with a huge rent to pay!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 3:32 pm
Smiles wrote:
The apartment issue in BP is totally out of hand.

People are doing it to themsleves. That's what happens when you insist on living right next to Mommy, Tatty and the Rebbe.

Yeshivos and Mikvaos can be built anywhere!

amother

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
Smiles wrote:
The apartment issue in BP is totally out of hand.

People are doing it to themsleves. That's what happens when you insist on living right next to Mommy, Tatty and the Rebbe.

Yeshivos and Mikvaos can be built anywhere!

Chassidishe women don't drive, they need to live in Urban areas. Are there any Urban areas where the rent isn't sky high?

bluesclues

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 10:23 am
Quote:

and why is this a problem??

amother

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 10:29 am
bluesclues wrote:
Quote:

and why is this a problem??

Needing to come up with close to 2000 every month to pay someone else's mortgage. And both parents working very hard to come up with it, unless they have wealthy generous parents that pay kids rent permanently, or are very wealthy and independent young people. This is enough to put strain on a marriage or a need to be CH"V not so straight.

When it's not a problem, it's not a problem.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 10:46 am
however, when you do own you have to pay for taxes, water and heat. and that's not nothing.

Mevater

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 11:01 am
chocolate moose wrote:
however, when you do own you have to pay for taxes, water and heat. and that's not nothing.

When you're through with the mortgage, you have a paid up house. Otherwise, you're paying huge rents for the rest of your life, that get higher each year. All you have to show for it are your rent receipts. Chassidishe people need to live in certain neighborhoods and if they can't afford to buy, they have no choice.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 12:15 pm
some people have good (low) rent, and that's fine.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 12:06 am
Smiles wrote:
Its not for me. I know someone who just got section 8 and is having a hard time finding an apartment. She is willing to pay upto $2200.

I have a 4 bedroom apartment, looking to downsize to a big 3 bedroom. What kind of apartment does this person have? Would they be interested in a trade? My landlord is asking for $2200. Please email me at goldenhills6@aol.com

amother

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 12:22 am
Quote:

Chassidishe women don't drive, they need to live in Urban areas. Are there any Urban areas where the rent isn't sky high?

WHY dont they drive?????

timeout

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 12:31 pm
In alot of chassidishe circles it's considered untznius to drive!

And for the people with Section 8, it does pay alot of the rent so you end up paying the difference which is usually a very minute amount.

withhumor

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 3:53 pm
We rent in BP prime and most of our income goes for the rent. Being that I don’t drive and want to, quote ‘live next to totty and mommy’ I am grateful that I only pay a whopping $2k each month. If anyone has an idea how I can buy a house and pay that money (or even $3k) per month for a mortgage, I will be happy to learn how that can be done. Obviously, we have no extra to set aside for a down payment so the house will have to be purchased without a down payment, if such a concept exists.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries