Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Isreal attractions...
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 6:25 pm
Liba wrote:
amother wrote:
Liba wrote:
It totally pains me to read Kever Rochel, the Kosel, Meron and other makomos kedoshim called tourist attractions.

Why? Whichever way you twist or turn it, for somebody coming in from another country, those are attractions that they don't want to miss. What attracts tourists are places that they cannot visit in their country of origin. The term "tourist attractions" doesn't take away from the holiness of the place for us as yidden.

So we definetly want to visit those holy places, but we want to have fun too- which is why I posted this question originally.

Makamos kedoshim are places Jews yearn to go to, not as tourists but as Jews.

Tourist attractions are kitschy, exciting places to go to, snap pictures of and say "I was there". Tourist attractions aren't places the locals frequent if they can avoid it.

Makomos kedoshim are places frum people visit or yearn to visit to daven at, even if we live next door or were there yesterday.

http://dictionary.cambridge.or.....ction
Quote:
tourist attraction
noun [C] TRANSPORT, COMMERCE

Definition
› a place that people visit for pleasure and interest, usually while they are on holiday:

I don't visit makamos kedoshim for pleasure or interest. I visit them for the spiritual connection and to daven and they certainly aren't there just for people on holiday.

I respect your position but I don't agree. You expressed your feelings about these places, but they are not necessarily my feelings. We are all entitled to our feelings.

peppermint

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 7:35 pm
rovacat wrote:
abound wrote:
peppermint wrote:
I never did this but my friend went on a tour of Shechem and gush katiff. If you are interested I can ask her for the info.

you can go to the blind/ deaf museum. There was a post about that a few weeks ago.

Huh!?! How many years ago was that?

I was wondering tge same thing. I wouldnt rrcommend going to shchem or gush katif these days. You can do a tour of the shomron and binyamin areas to see the settlements though.
Sorry, I am not farmiliar with these places and I mixed up the names. embarrassed My friend said shomron not shechem and I think they went to where the people from gush katif resettled, not to the actual place.
Sorry, I shoudnt have posted if I dont know what Im talking about embarrassed

wispalover

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 9:42 pm
The beach in Netanya is kosher - they have separate morning and afternoon hours for men and woman. The paragliding I got a number off the web - I did a search paragliding Netanya. The ATV we used www.trakfar.com 050 540 5454 we had a 20% coupon (I think you can also get the coupon in the guide above) we did a combo together with the kayaking. The kayaking was at Dag AL Hadan - we did the 2 hour trip.[/quote]

The only 'kosher' beach in Netanya- tot he best of ym knowledge- is in Kiryat Sanz. There are many beaches in NEtanya and if separate beach hours are important to you, I would check throughly into where the Kiryat Sanz beach is to avoid the other ones.
I also recommend Utopia Park if you are near the Netanya area and the Safari in Ramat Gan near Tel Aviv.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 10:40 pm
OP here:

Thank you so much!
Your information is very helpful.
It's so hard to visit a new country and figure it all out. I'm trying to plan and prepare in advance. I hope it works out because in general, I'm really clueless.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 13 2012, 7:21 pm
Another question-

Is anyone familiar with the dead sea and the stuff we can do there? mud baths? swimming? I heard many nice things about the yam ha'melech but how does it work there?

I would very much appreciate if somebody can tell me how to go about visiting the dead sea.

Thanks!

Tamiri

Post Sat, Jul 14 2012, 2:43 pm
Remember it's VERY HOT so plan your trips accordingly. Park Utopia was MURDER when we went... sukkot time! I would not recommend it on a hot, hot day. In general, us natives try not to do too many things outdoors after 10 am and before 4-5 pm. In fact, one of my kids just had a hike cancelled for tomorrow because of the weather!

mamsegula

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 6:40 am
If you're going to Tverya try aquakef. It's so much fun and they usually have separate men/women times. http://www.aquakef.com
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions