Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Do I go to Shiur

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 10:58 pm
I have been going to shiur every shabbos for some time - there are always people when I made shiur no one showed so I don't feel like going this week What do you think? I connect it to my spirituality however I feel a laack there of today?

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 2:40 am
Why punish yourself by not going if this is something you enjoy? And I would ask the ladies why no one came...

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 9:02 am
Not only is it something I enjoy - it is something I need. They started letting some guy give it just cause he wanted to. I let them know in no uncertain terms does neshei mean man - we have a rapport a kavua and how dare they change what is important to my soul - that is why I'm even more upset that no body came. Lots of good excuses though - like chanuka - short shabbos - phone tree didn't go out. Guess what they announced it in shul and those excuses don't cut it. I sang by myself and made the 1 person (who asked me to make in my house) say tehillim and we said dvar torah anyway.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 10:12 am
I go - but I don't push myself to host.

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 7:25 pm
Well I DIDN'T GO wasn't in the mood of anyone

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 7:44 pm
Why not attend an already established shiur instead of making one yourself?

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:11 pm
this is an already established shiur - 15 years in the making - that was the whole point of why I was so upset - this has never happened
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note