Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Back from chicago

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 12:21 pm
Well I survived.

BTW my aunt is fine! She did not limp while with the family during shabbos and made it to shul fine. Miraculously she got her limp back motsei shabbos. Honestly by that point I told her enough and to stop playing around for pitty as it was my last night and I wanted to enjoy myself!

Kids got alot of nice gifts I guess..Mostly junk that I slowly throw in the garbage when they are not looking.

I admit it was nice though, I wish I had taken up on the women around chicago. I could have used the sanity break, and note to myself next time I do decide to go to chicago I will enjoy myself and not let family control me.

Honestly, it will be a while. Infact kids are requested Shabbos in Crown Heights Smile G-d willing not this shabbos but next

Squash

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 12:25 pm
Welcome back!! Good to hear you're sanity's still intact.

I thougtht I was the only one who was so mean to my kids and threw away junk when they weren't looking! LOL Feels good to realize someone else does that too.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 1:45 pm
Nope, I do it too. Same with Parsha arts & crafts. I wait until Sun or Mon & thrown them, rather bury them in the bottom of the garbage so they don't notice.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 1:58 pm
yeah the hiding at the bottom of the trash does not work... I have to take out the trash that day if I throw something out...

I think I might have found a place for shabbos not this shabbos but next Smile Kids are very excited!

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:03 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
yeah the hiding at the bottom of the trash does not work... I have to take out the trash that day if I throw something out...

I think I might have found a place for shabbos not this shabbos but next Smile Kids are very excited!

Mitzvahmom, is everything ok, why the need to find Shabbosim?

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:05 pm
momof3 wrote:
Nope, I do it too. Same with Parsha arts & crafts. I wait until Sun or Mon & thrown them, rather bury them in the bottom of the garbage so they don't notice.

Awww so mean, I used to hate when my mom threw out my stuff. We now have a special board for the arts 'n crafts.

After awhile, or when we refresh it, it goes into a box labeled for the kids, and they decide what to do with it afterwards...

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:05 pm
B"H just need to have a nice calm shabbos

Plus we love shabbosim in Crown heights!

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:07 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
B"H just need to have a nice calm shabbos

Plus we love shabbosim in Crown heights!

Did you move? I thought you lived in CH?!

I am so confused... Confused

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:11 pm
connecticut

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:12 pm
connecticut

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:20 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
connecticut

Oops sorry, my bad, mixed you up with someone else embarrassed !!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 2:53 pm
Why on earth would you throw away your kids things behind their back. I let my kids know that they couldn't keep everything and therefore they have to decide on keeping only sentimental things. Then they say good bye to the projects that cannot be kept and throw them away themselves.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 4:24 pm
I throw away things that are broken, not kosher animals..

Or like when they made "edible" menorahs..and it's a piece of wood with plastic cups..it's not like they need it. It's plastic cups

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 6:54 pm
greenfire wrote:
Why on earth would you throw away your kids things behind their back. I let my kids know that they couldn't keep everything and therefore they have to decide on keeping only sentimental things. Then they say good bye to the projects that cannot be kept and throw them away themselves.

Good point! Totally like the idea of going through with the crafts with them and let them choose what to keep or throw away Thumbs Up !!

I totally disklike the crafts that kids come home that look like the teachers did it, a whole different discussion...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 6:52 am
Very nice, MM !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics