Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
It's not over until it's over, AND B"H, it's never over

amother

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 11:16 pm
It's not over until it's over and IT'S NEVER OVER. Life goes on.

While analyzing everyone's thoughts on Kids at Risk and the cause/blame involved, I got to thinking. I have witnessed many situations where the worst kids did a flip-flop and became the best kids, and R"L vice versa as well.

Kids can flip flop, not only once, but numerous times in their lives, through adulthood. How many times have we experienced or read about adults, who were apples of their parents eyes as children, teens, or even as far as young adults, and did shameful things in their adult lives, and the reverse as well.

Can you share any experience of yours where kids flip-flopped, either way, from one extreme to the other?

Mevater

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 12:01 am
What better example can we have than that of the NK members who went to Iran and participated in the Holocaust Denial Conference?

Does anyone doubt that these "men" Puke were Biblical scholars, or at least able students of the Bible, whose parents, for that reason, prided themselves in these children, and had wonderful aspirations for them to go in the path of our Forefathers, L'Torah, L'Chupah and Ma'asim Tovim, and bring them and the world, much Yiddishe nachas?

And LOOK what's become of them. They danced on the blood of their ancestors.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:49 pm
I'm going off on a tangent, but look how the Machatonim are getting together. How nice. Twisted Evil

Iran: Hitler was…….Jewish!! (Whats next??!!)
January 2nd, 2007
A top advisor to the Iranian President claimed in an interview with Iranian website Baztab that Nazi leader Adolf Hitler’s parents were both Jewish and that Hitler himself was one of the founders of the State of Israel. In the interview, translated by MEMRI (Middle East Media Research Institute) Mohammad-Ali Ramin, told Baztab that Hitler’s father even kept his Jewish name until finally changing it to Hitler when he was 40.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:58 pm
I thought the saying is that it's not over till the fat lady sings...

Being that I'm in a state of teenage rebellion and at risk factors myself - I do not have a real answer. I'm praying, hoping and waiting......

amother

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:06 pm
greenfire wrote:

Being that I'm in a state of teenage rebellion and at risk factors myself - I do not have a real answer. I'm praying, hoping and waiting......

Hi, Green!
I've seen with my own eyes kids go from best to worst and the reverse. It happens!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:09 pm
letsbehonest wrote:
What better example can we have than that of the NK members who went to Iran and participated in the Holocaust Denial Conference?

Does anyone doubt that these "men" Puke were Biblical scholars, or at least able students of the Bible, whose parents, for that reason, prided themselves in these children, and had wonderful aspirations for them to go in the path of our Forefathers, L'Torah, L'Chupah and Ma'asim Tovim, and bring them and the world, much Yiddishe nachas?

I am distantly related to one of them. My mother says he and his wife are (were?) such nice people and she really feels sorry for his wife.
Yochanan Cohen Gadol was 80 years old and became a Tzedukee.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Hi, Green!
I've seen with my own eyes kids go from best to worst and the reverse. It happens!

Thanks for the encouragement - so can I hold my breath while I wait

amother

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:45 pm
greenfire wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement - so can I hold my breath while I wait

You think of mine, I'll think of yours.

Kol Hamispalel B'Ad Chaveiro, Hu Ne'eneh T'chiloh. Just think Plonis Bas Plonis. Hashem knows.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 5:38 pm
Quote:
Does anyone doubt that these "men" were Biblical scholars, or at least able students of the Bible, whose parents, for that reason, prided themselves in these children, and had wonderful aspirations for them to go in the path of our Forefathers, L'Torah, L'Chupah and Ma'asim Tovim, and bring them and the world, much Yiddishe nachas?

Yep Crying

Mevater

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 10:36 pm
Tefila wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone doubt that these "men" were Biblical scholars, or at least able students of the Bible, whose parents, for that reason, prided themselves in these children, and had wonderful aspirations for them to go in the path of our Forefathers, L'Torah, L'Chupah and Ma'asim Tovim, and bring them and the world, much Yiddishe nachas?

Yep Crying

http://www.wnd.com/news/articl.....53611
Iranians liked these NK guys so much, and they like Nazis so much, they now say that Hitler had Jewish blood, which makes these NK guys, Hitler's relatives. One nice Mishpucheh!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
Kids can flip flop, not only once, but numerous times in their lives, through adulthood.

numerous times? shock oh dear
sounds terribly unstable

amother

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Kids can flip flop, not only once, but numerous times in their lives, through adulthood.

numerous times? shock oh dear
sounds terribly unstable

It's a big world out there.

Most kids grow up to be either "good" or "bad", as far as adherence to Torah values. Sometimes, they switch once. In rare cases, they switch more than once.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics