Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Bugaboo Bee vs Bugaboo Cameleon?

bitachon111

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 9:40 pm
It would be so helpful to hear opinions and personal experience about weather to go for the bugaboo bee or bugaboo cameleon. B'esrat Hashem it will be for a newborn.

Currently there is a $150 difference between them.

My priorities are:
1. good quality stroller that will last and is convenient to use
2. good for walking including in snow
3. light weight for stairs (we have about 5 to get to the front door) and for regularly putting in the trunk myself...also easy to fold for the trunk
4. reasonably sized basket...the bigger the better
5. not having to bend too low to get to the baby

Thank you so much for your input!

momof3littleguys

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 10:45 am
If you're looking for a lightweight option I'd go with the bee. The cameleon though is much better for the snow so it really would depend whats more imporant for you. You may want to wait for the new bugaboo cameleon 3 thats coming out in sept b/c the fold is much easier and would easier to put in your trunk yourself. The current one is a pain to fold! (I have it!)

spring13

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 11:23 am
If those are your needs, don't get a Bugaboo model. The Bee won't work in snow or easily up steps, has a tiny basket, and is low to the ground. The Cameleon is heavy and no good for in and out of the car - and it doesn't have a great basket either.

There are gajillions of fantastic strollers out there that will suit your stated needs better than either of those: don't get hung up on the Bugaboo name and think that it's the only worthwhile brand.

If you're really set on a Bugaboo model, get the newest version of the Cameleon that's just now coming out. But what I'd really recommend based on what you're looking for?

Baby Jogger City Mini GT
Phil and Teds Dot
Valco Matrix
Mountain Buggy Swift

bigprincess

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 1:05 pm
1.It depends on how you will use it. Some people break everything and some people have cheap ones that will last them long.
2.The bee is not good for the snow. The wheels are too small. The cameleon has snow tires that you can buy and change it too.
3.It is pretty lightweight to go up and down stairs as apposed to the uppa baby vista. Folding and unfolding is very hard. I don't know the new cameleon3 but the old one has a two piece fold.
4.The basket is not the largest yet not the smallest. You can always get a mommy hook if you need more space.
5. It depends if you have the bassinet you will have to bend a little more than with the seat.

I would suggest you to go to a store and try them out.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 6:19 pm
The bee looks like a wheelchair. THe chameleon looks (and is) more sturdy.
The bee has tiny wheels, is not easy to maneuver, gets stuck in bumps and stones, and the front wheels can get out of control if you go too fast!

The chameleon is heavy, hard to fold (has to be taken apart) but is great to push on level ground.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics