Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Anyone good at parties? Set up question here

lamplighter

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 10:44 pm
I'm helping my friend with an event and she is doing everything buffet due to space constraints. She is planning on making salads but here's the issue, most of the nicer salads have add ins that get soggy. How do you set up a buffet with nice salads and avoid that. She can do a salad bar but that means that people kind of just throw things together and pick a dressing, not the same as 4 beautiful salads.
Any ideas?

Flower Girl

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 11:03 pm
How about putting the dressing in a pretty dish inside the salad bowl of specific salad?

Sherri

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 11:17 pm
Flower Girl wrote:
How about putting the dressing in a pretty dish inside the salad bowl of specific salad?
Thumbs Up

shanie5

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 12:31 am
If you mean add ins like croutons or cashews, add them to the top of the salads right before serving/opening the buffet. They will get mixed in as people take.

Leahmom

Post Tue, Aug 21 2012, 1:26 pm
Being a buffet means that it is usually easier, less work..just check every once in a while and replace the bins with new filled up ones. Myself..I would use a regular size bowl for the salad...in the kitchen I put my backup salad and add in separately in zip bags...
So on the buffett: Serve a regular bowl with addins and replace with fresh during the buffet. When it gets down to 1/4 left GO get your zip backs and pour your salad in a new bowl, unzip add on top and put it out for your guests. That should take all of 30 seconds.. Yeah you have to keep an eye on the level but you'll do that anyway...Good Luck!
PS> Note for the future..there are many many lovely salad, recipes out there that hold beautifully in a chafing dish without dying..experiment with them at home and put them in your Simcha Notebook if you/family like them. That way next simcha..whip out your notebook and voila..instant party menu...
Best,
Leah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics