Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Help! Need help with getting my twins to obey

amother

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 11:51 am
My 3 year old twins dont obey anything. I feel soooo stressed this morning. Maybe I am expecting too much of 3 year olds?? Example: I am in the playground with the kids and I say ok in a few min we have to go. After a few minutes I say its time to go. But they say not yet so I say mommy said its time to go...of course they dont want. They throw down their yarmulka. I try to hold their hands but they refuse and throw tantrums...sometimes I pick up one and but then I dont have more hands to hold the other one. This goes on every day, with something else...they never come in nicely. I feel like everything is a battle except if I give in which I dont. But there must be a better way to handel them.

I do have kids on top of the twins...just as a side note.

Please all tips and advice are welcome!!!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 12:15 pm
I don't really have much advice except I'm in the same boat.... my twins are now four and not much has changed! ushually at the park, I just have to start leaving and say buy guys... and then one will get upset that we are leaving the other one, but this ushually eventually works. sometimes also bribary works, I.e. when we get home you can have ices or I have a snack for you in the car etc..
but yes.. it can get very frusterating and make me lose my cool..

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 12:29 pm
Marry them off!
Really, they sound like typical kids. And when they're a team together, it's so much more enjoyable for them to get Mommy angry!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 3:26 pm
This thread is a year old but I read it as "getting my twins on ebay". just thought you'd get a kick out of that. Hoping they're doing better for you now. I have a similar problem--- we've been kicked out of MANY places for their behavior because they totally feed off each other. Mine are 6. I don't take them anywhere by myself anymore unless I really need to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more