Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How to react when a daughter announces, wants to wear pants?
Previous  1  2  3

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:30 pm
almost?

Bambamama

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 11:23 am
Kmelion wrote:
Elle wrote:
I'm sorry to disillusion you, I dont know where you live or which sector you belong to, but wearing noserings and multiple earrings is NOT a common thing amongst religious people in Israel!
Just setting the record straight.

Among the Charedi, you're right. Among the Dati Leumi it is.

Where do you live? I've lived in Israel about 10 years in various Dati Leumi communities. I've never met anyone with a nose ring, and anyone with more than one earring hole usually did that when they were a rebellious teenager, and doesn't use the hole now.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with it exactly. Just I would say it's definitely uncommon among religious people, except maybe hippy Carlebach or Breslov types.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:13 pm
I've lived in a DL community for the past 15 yrs and in a city w/all kinds of Jews before that. There is nothing hippy or Carlibach about it. Many girls in ulpanot do get nose studs or extra earring holes. It depends on your age and how much you are w/young people. Yes, you are less likely to get them if you learn in Tzvia than if you learn at a less shtark place but they are common enough and the schools do not object.

bashinda

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:15 pm
What does DL mean? Dati Leumi?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children