Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Bathing lekovod Shabbos

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 11:24 am
The rabbi at the halacha shiur I attend says it really has to be before Shabbos, and that my Thursday morning/Thursday PM showers are lovely for Thursday, but not lekovod Shabbos!

Does everyone know this but me, and how do you structure your Erev Shabbos bathing for your family?

ChavieK

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 11:33 am
I think that you are supposed to wash some body part before shabbos lkavod shabbos eg:your face. My house gets totaly crazy. I try to get the girls to take showers before the boys come home. EVERYONE wants to be last in my house. We can only run one at a time. So the baby can get a bath while someone is in the other shower.I have to make sure everyone else is done before dh comes home which is usualy too late for my liking. Sounds nuts, it is, just like many other ppls houses. They tell me it's the satan trying to make making shabos dificult!

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 11:39 am
Quote:
Does everyone know this but me, and how do you structure your Erev Shabbos bathing for your family?

If you cook and bake thurs night even if one does work fri . Why is there no time then for a shower and kids bath, whom I bath daily anyways Confused

Esther01

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 1:00 pm
my house is 100% ready 2 hours before shabbos, including blech, lights... etc. and then we do the bathing in those 2 hours.

kids come home 3-4 hrs before shabbos so they get to eat lunch and unwind before the bathing rush.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 1:16 pm
those 18 minutes sometimes come in handy embarrassed

cindy324

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 1:30 pm
I never leave any major cooking for Friday, whether it's the winter or the summer. The only thing I cook on Friday is the chicken or meat that just has to be popped in the oven. My kids get home around 1:15 PM, the youngest an hour before them. I usually give a bath to my little one right when she comes home. When the older ones come home, I help my 7 year old in the shower and then my 11 year old goes and takes her shower. DH and I go about an hour before shabbos.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 4:12 pm
only1 wrote:
those 18 minutes sometimes come in handy embarrassed

Only sometimes? shock Confused Rolling Eyes Crying Sad Exclamation Question

embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note