Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you blame the cleaning lady, or do things just dissapear?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 9:43 am
Advice needed please!

around a month ago a new cleaning lady started to work for me. She seemed so nice, polite and respectful. (I found her through a diff cleaning lady, who left me her for a week while she vactioned, ended up quiting and left me with this one)

So I didnt check her out that well, because I figured it was only temporary.

Anyways after about 10 days of her working for me my watch went missing. I asked the cleaing lady if she saw it, she said no, and the following Monday came to work with out her purse.

A few days after that we couldnt find my video camera. I would never accuse her. Again she seemed so respectful and polite and why would she ever do such a thing?

But then again could it be her? or do things just dissapear? we have searched like bedikas chametz and niether turned up.

What do you think?
I need to know if I should fire her.
thank you for your advice
M

amother

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 9:46 am
Get rid of her ASAP and find a new one.

My husbands mother (!) used to steal from me, so yeah, it's very possible!

Happy18

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 9:51 am
If she is new I think you should just get rid of her. It's not like she has been working for you for years.

b from nj

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 10:29 am
I had posted a thread about my (responsible, reliable & respectful) cleaning lady of several years who I recently realized was stealing from me & as soon as I was 99% certain that she was stealing (after she took my DSs last $20 from his drawer after stealing $40 over the previous few weeks), I made sure to call her up & let her know that my DSs $20 bill which was in his drawer b/f she came that day was missing & that I didn't want her to return b/c this wasn't the first time this had happened. She didn't argue too much b/c I think she realized the game was over & that I felt really badly especially since I had treated her so nicely (& had recently given her a $300 cash advance) which thankfully had just been paid off by the time I was certain that she was the culprit who had been slowly taking my son's $20 bills over the course of a month...

In short, my advice would be to replace her. People are not always as they seem Exploding anger !!!!

ElTam

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 1:14 pm
I'm usually the one saying "Don't blame the cleaning lady" but if this wasn't a problem before, then you hired her and it started to be a problem, then I would let her go.

Personally, I had years of my kids walking off with stuff before I got a cleaning lady, so I never suspect my cleaning lady. I go look in my kids' rooms.

Sorry about your missing items. That's very upsetting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry