Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Totally separate garments for Shabos?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 8:18 am
Probably we've discussed this before...........coats, that is.

I was at a shiur and the rabbi strressed the inportance of having ALL different garments for Shabbos - from the Shulchan Aruch. (I think he specifically mentioned only shoes, though.)

So, I was "out and about" and I swa the coat I had bought (just last year) for Shabbos for myself, and the woman was wearing it for everyday! (I had seen her at a simcha and I know she has a full gorgeous fur Shabbos coat, not just fur trimmed!)

I was a little surprised, but to each her own, I guess........

Anyway - when I was a counselor at sleep away camp, one camper moaned she had forogttem to bring her "Shabbos nightgown"

So I supposed the question is - how far do you take it? Shabbos underwear (I'd need white and black).

Shabbos tights? I wear support everyday anyway, so what's that? A new pair, maybe?

Sheital - okay that's more common I guess, along with Shabbos shoes and of course a suit or other oufit. And a robe.

Discuss.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Jan 06 2007, 10:29 am
To each their own, but it's very uncommon to have clothes that you only use on shabbes around here. I think I know a lady with a shabbes hat.

shalhevet

Post Sat, Jan 06 2007, 10:59 am
I've certainly heard that.

I have the same problem, choccy, with the underwear and tights (I already have white and black anyway, but for different reasons....) So that I'm not careful with.

But I do have a Shabbos robe and tichels and sheitel and shoes...

It's okay to wear them for chassunas, Yom Tov and Chol Hamoed as well.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 06 2007, 4:00 pm
What do you think about Rosh Chodesh? I often wear a less fancy or older Shabbos outfit on Rosh Chodesh (to work) and my kids hate that!

bandcm

Post Sat, Jan 06 2007, 4:05 pm
Chocolate moose, I think that´s beautiful!
Your kids will hate whatever you wear. It´s called teenagers.

mumof1

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 12:38 pm
I have a seperate shaitel and clothes and shoes and jewlery hose and undergaments are the same as weekday

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:40 pm
Quote:
Chocolate moose, I think that´s beautiful!
Your kids will hate whatever you wear. It´s called teenagers.

Ditto Wink

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:56 pm
I wear what I wear

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 5:23 am
I have some dressy shoes (which I wear for simchas etc) but recently I seem to have a really hard time finding shoes that look nice and are comfortable, to wear the whole Shabbos long. Everything seems to be 3 inch stilettos or just ugly and frumpy. So I've been wearing my regular shoes or boots. I wear long skirts anyway so you don't really notice them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note