Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lead Paint
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 10:13 am
If you know anything about painting - you cannot paint over chipping paint cause it will only crack and chip again - so how will they "contain" it. They need good scrapers/masks/lead liscensed removers and after this procedure paint applications can be started.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 10:25 am
Quote:
Thanks greenfire for answering for me! As for you tzena urena,come in my shoes and let me know what you think after. The reason why I said that about my landlord is because that's exactly what he does. When something else wasnt right in the apt and I told him about it, he said he would think about it and get back to me. 2 weeks later he remembered to tell me that really it's not his problem, but because this is the first time that it happened, he'll pay for the repairs. I'm still waiting for my $45

E59Y, a lot depends on what you make up with your landlord, as far as repairs. That's why people sign leases. It's a contract, and the renting party and landlord work out a deal, which they both sign, like any business transaction. Obligations on both sides are clear. But if you haven't done that, you get into a different picture, without defined rules Confused

If you don't live in regulated housing, obligations of the landlord may be different than what you expected. I don't know about the lead paint, but as far as other repairs.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 10:33 am
greenfire wrote:
If you know anything about painting - you cannot paint over chipping paint cause it will only crack and chip again - so how will they "contain" it. They need good scrapers/masks/lead liscensed removers and after this procedure paint applications can be started.
Good painters don't paint over chipping paint. They scrape and repair the walls first. But they don't need to be licensed. that's only for lead paint removal, which up till now, as choc. moosse said,had not been the requirement.

Most piping in older buildings is lead, which would make it mandatory to change all the plumbing too, if it was. I haven't heard about such a requirement.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 10:33 am
I don't know, Green. I'm a legal secretary for a landlrod and don't really deal with construction issues.

I just know they don't have to remove it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics