Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Parents and Teachers

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 10:28 pm
Have you as a parent ever yelled your head off at a teacher?

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 1:59 am
At a camp director, head counselor when my daughter was sick. It's scary when your child develops fever hundreds of miles away, and you need the camp to be in touch with you, but you can't get through, or they don't give messages (unwittingly).

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:36 am
No...principal yes. Teacher or camp counselor, no.

You, GR?

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:06 am
no way.
I'm just wondering if people find it acceptable.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:26 am
It's definitely not acceptable! I apologized a few times after that incident. It wasn't typical.

My dh, who taught many years told me it's the worst thing for the child when parents mistreat the teacher. If they would only know...He said he tried very hard not to let it affect his attitude or relationship toward the child in such a case, but it was really not easy.

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:50 am
Tz"ur, I think its different when youre far away and your child is sick. it's a bit understandable.

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 12:53 pm
All of the above, and I was right. It is wrong only if students will hear, if you are assuming or if you are out of control.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:22 pm
Sorry to say I once yelled so loud the whole school heard me - and NO many years later I do not regret it. I think the circumstances unfortunately warrented them to know just how I felf about a school that had no respect for a child. (the principal told my dd that she would be kissing boys and wearing pants when she was 18 and the poor kid was only in 5th grade & 10 yrs old) And thereafter my daughter and I marched out the building never to return.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 5:33 pm
Quote:
Have you as a parent ever yelled your head off at a teacher?

Yelled no Exclamation but given my opinion firmly Yes Exclamation
Imo it is very immature for a parent or anyone that matter to resort to yelling Confused it looks bad for the parent and doesn't help the kid eigther.

Squash

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 5:53 pm
greenfire wrote:
Sorry to say I once yelled so loud the whole school heard me - and NO many years later I do not regret it. I think the circumstances unfortunately warrented them to know just how I felf about a school that had no respect for a child. (the principal told my dd that she would be kissing boys and wearing pants when she was 18 and the poor kid was only in 5th grade & 10 yrs old) And thereafter my daughter and I marched out the building never to return.

That is awful!!

I hope your dd is ok!

How ridiculous to say a thing like that to a young kid! You did good by not sending her back, tho.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 5:54 pm
Strangely enough she is not frum today (ok - I don't blame them alone) but it actually hurts

Squash

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 5:55 pm
sorry.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 6:07 pm
aw thanks - I can always use a hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics