Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best comfortable panties
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 11:51 am
I am in desperate need of new underwear. I want to throw away all my olds ones and buy a dozen new ones. My old ones lasted me 4 years until they started ripping. I want good quality comfortable cotton briefs/bikinis.
I heard victoria secret has good ones, any other suggestions?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 12:09 pm
Get a size bigger.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 12:33 pm
why?

cm

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 12:52 pm
Underwear is so personal - there are many slightly different types because there are so many different body shapes.

If you let us know your measurements and how you like your panties to fit, maybe someone will be able to suggest a brand or product line.

A little hijack, if I may - I'm looking for underwear too. Breathable, no panty lines, following the natural shape of the body (not bikini/hi-cut). Most clothing that fits my hips are too big in the waist. I'm normal weight, waist 30" or maybe a little smaller, hips 40". Suggestions, anyone?

zaq

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 2:16 pm
OP, I think chocmoo recommends a size bigger because a. they shrink in the wash and b. clothes that are tight don';t last as long because of the stress on the fabric, and the elastic digging into your flesh causes panty lines.

chocmoo, 4 years is a pretty decent service life for underwear. Eventually they're going get holey no matter what. OP wasn't complaining about the service life--she just needs new ones.

CM, not chocmoo, if you're a down-to-earth, unaffected sort of person who isn't impressed with designer labels and can live with garden-variety products, try Hanes 100% cotton hipsters. They only have to fit your hips, not your waist, and they cover more than hi-cuts or bikini. IME, panty lines mean one of two things: either your undies are too tight, or your skirt is, or both. In which case, as chocmoo says--get a size larger.

cm

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 2:28 pm
Thanks zaq. I'm not too thrilled with Hanes, the leg elastic is too thick and shows through, no matter what. They tend to run a little loose, too. But mine are old - maybe they make them diffferently now. I'll take a second look.

To summarize a dozen or so pages of another panty thread: (IME) elastic that doesn't follow the shape of your body or that is too thick will show panty lines, no matter how loose or heavy your skirt.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 2:28 pm
I like Jockey 100% cotton high cut briefs, very comfy.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 3:15 pm
My gap undies are awesome. The elastic is very flat, the back is cut generously so I never get wedgies, and they're super soft. This is the style I buy http://m.gap.com/product.html?.....16090 but I get them from the clearance boxes for a couple of dollars apiece.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 5:25 pm
zaq wrote:
chocmoo

that's a funny thing to call me hehehehe

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 5:38 pm
While we're on the topic, I'm looking for something similar to this but cotton: I have been using undies made by Jockey, regular brief style, totally seamless and no elastic band - it's just extra stretchy around the waist and legs (I suppose there is some elastic hidden in the material, but it's not a band of elastic like most panties have) I am really sensitive so I LOVE the seamlessness, I wish I could even remember what they were called, did a quick web search and didn't see it but I could look harder. Anyway they're dying (after 3 years, I remember because I got all dark colors before getting married Wink ) but I don't want to replace with the same because they're poly and I have recently found I need more breathability. So does anyone know a comfortable SEAMLESS, NO ELASTIC cotton panty?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2012, 4:30 pm
You might think I'm crazy, but I find thongs the most comfortable...no visible pantylines, no need to get rid of a wedgie because you have a permanent one. Perfect!

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 4:38 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
zaq wrote:
chocmoo

that's a funny thing to call me hehehehe

I would have abbreviated it as "cm" but the poster presently known as "cm" had also posted on this thread.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 4:40 pm
amother wrote:
no need to get rid of a wedgie because you have a permanent one.

Glad that works for you, though the logic escapes me. Scratching Head

amother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 10:15 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
My gap undies are awesome. The elastic is very flat, the back is cut generously so I never get wedgies, and they're super soft. This is the style I buy http://m.gap.com/product.html?.....16090 but I get them from the clearance boxes for a couple of dollars apiece.

I second these! They are really comfortable, but I only buy them on sale- they can be pricey

Happy18

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 10:22 am
I think everyone has a personal preference. You need to try different styles and eventually you will find what works for you.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 10:31 am
MaBelleVie wrote:

I tried both links and only the company page shows up. No items showing.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 10:39 am
seeker wrote:
While we're on the topic, I'm looking for something similar to this but cotton: I have been using undies made by Jockey, regular brief style, totally seamless and no elastic band - it's just extra stretchy around the waist and legs (I suppose there is some elastic hidden in the material, but it's not a band of elastic like most panties have) I am really sensitive so I LOVE the seamlessness, I wish I could even remember what they were called, did a quick web search and didn't see it but I could look harder. Anyway they're dying (after 3 years, I remember because I got all dark colors before getting married Wink ) but I don't want to replace with the same because they're poly and I have recently found I need more breathability. So does anyone know a comfortable SEAMLESS, NO ELASTIC cotton panty?

I love the Jockey Elance line. 100% cotton and the elastic is fully covered. Love them.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 10:46 am
When I buy a pack of colored panties, sometimes the crotch is white. Any of you have this happen to you? Now I only buy colored underwear that are not in a pkg.

shoeboxgirly

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 11:04 am
As I've no idea which country the OP is in, I just thought I'd add my opinion/preference. Mine are from Marks & Spencer. Other family members of mine also like there, however from conversations I've had, we ALL like different styles/shapes/materials/patterns. I buy in 5-packs all black or all white, but others like to buy singles that are all different.

Underwear is a very personal thing.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

I tried both links and only the company page shows up. No items showing.

Works for me. It's called stretch cotton hipster.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics