Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Secrataries salary

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:46 pm
what is the going rate for a secratary?im looking for a job and I want to know how much is the most I can ask for..thank you!!

Batya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:59 pm
It depends on your location, which country?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 3:09 pm
This ques. comes up here and there and I never divulge salary for that!

shininglight

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 3:52 pm
In Israel it's around $5/hr, if you're lucky!

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 4:23 pm
thats a tough one to answer
starting salary for someone with little experience would be about 9-10 dollars an hour. The more experience u have, the more skills u have, the more money you can ask for. a couple years experience, with good computer and phone skills--ask for 15. four years experience, ask for 18. remember that once you are in a company you can grow a lot...you can possibly make 25 an hour after a bunch of years in one place....but most places wont start you so high.... once youre working somewhere you should get raises hopefully
of course all places are different--I am referring to the standard jobs that I know of.
hatzlocha!

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 6:40 pm
If ur just answering phones do not expect more than min to start.

But if u have experience and can show experience then, you could ask for more, probably between 10 - 12 an hour. But even then..

I barely make that and I design the webpage for my work, do emails and bulk mailings...design cards and newsletters.. Ordering supplies, and much more... Depends on the company and what they ahve avail to pay u. I keep my job because it's flexible and they let me work and go to college.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 8:27 pm
I'm in NY & have a bit of experience & get 11.75 an hr

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 8:46 pm
I've been working in the same place for 4 yrs now. I started with 10 and now up to 20. keep in mind that I have 2 children in childcare- so in reality I'm making 12 an hour!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 10:06 am
anwring phones isn't a secretary. that's a receptionist.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 10:25 am
If you're in NY:

If you would work in Manhattan for a large company, as entry level, you could make 30-35K to start, sometimes more if you're lucky. IME, most Jewish companies pay less, and I know people starting at $8-10/hr

Although I did just see an ad on craigslist for $14/hr, no experience necessary in BP.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 4:53 pm
yikes! my babysitter makes more than $10 an hour. How can you afford to work for $8 an hour while paying for a babysitter and travel expenses?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics