Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do you love your son's school? If so, where does he go?

tovasara

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 8:43 am
I'm looking for suggestions of elementary schools to consider in Queens/LI.

thank you

granolamom

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 5:20 pm
two of my boys are in Yeshiva of south shore. you can PM me with specific questions if you want

amother

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 5:53 pm
I don't have sons but I have several nephews in Tiferes Moshe and it really seems wonderful. Two have already been through the whole thing from kindergarten to 8th grade graduation. They seemed happy and well educated throughout (I'm a teacher myself; I never tested them or anything but I pick up on these things). I went to several school functions (siddur play, siyum, 8th grade graduations...) and was always impressed with the overall demeanor of the teachers and principals. In particular the principals always seemed to really know all the kids in all the grades and have a good rapport with them. They even recognized my mother every time after coming to a few grandkid things.

It's a mix of 'types;' the school is on the yeshivish side but they seem to draw students from all types of backgrounds. Very friendly place. I never heard of any major social issues in any of my nephews' classes (e.g. bullying, politics... just run-of-the-mill boys being boys)

Don't have any more details because I'm not that close to the scene, but I think it's worth looking into!

mummyto2

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 6:24 pm
my kids go to yeshiva of central queens...very happy there..education is wonderful...teachers and principals are caring. pm for more
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics