Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
What-else can I serve for supper on Pesach
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:16 pm
Besides basics. Potatoes, fish, eggs and chicken. Ok so I'm running low on eggs already we bought 12 dozen so I can't figure it out except I have a son who likes to cook so he made 3 recipes w/out my knowledge from my cookbook, which took 2 doz eggs. Exclamation Well atleast it as edible but don't ask me what it was. Twisted Evil
But anyone can you come up w/h a simple filling recipe for supper? I made for today shepards pie w/h chicken instead of meat. Kids and husband enjoyed it .... me well I saw what I put in.... Twisted Evil
I also made my own mayonaize from that cookbook only problem is, it flooooppped oh dear ......

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:19 pm
besides basics? well, if you only use basics, what do you want to hear? magic tricks? 8)

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:22 pm
Ok what I mean is to be more creative w/h the only things we can use! Smile

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:27 pm
if you haven't thought of it yet, it doesn't exist!!!!

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:49 pm
Ideas from the Spice and Spirit

meatballs, vegetable meatloaf(146), moussaka rolls(147), pastellitos(148), vegetable Strata(150), stew

gefilte fish patties(112), gefilte fish rolls with vegetables(113)

chicken in wine sauce(126), stuffed chicken schnitzel(127), chicken burgers(129), chicken -vegetable latkes(130), chicken loaf(130)

Hope you find something to make!!!

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:52 pm
freilich wrote:
I also made my own mayonaize from that cookbook only problem is, it flooooppped oh dear ......

From the S&S? It is a really good recipe and easy-or so I always thought-to make, exactly what went wrong? Now I just think back to those days before marrage when I could eat it and challish!

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:56 pm
Quote:
and easy-or so I always thought-to make, exactly what went wrong?
Think I blended or poured oil in too fast! and I won't tell u how the easiest recipes I once upon a time not that long ago mind u, I botched up and how complex ones I'm a ok, go figure Rolling Eyes

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 6:03 pm
Oy. It happens to us all. Now if you only knew about the mishap that I had with my potato kugel. It is so crazy you wouldn't believe that such a story with so many mistakes and bad luck could happen to one kugel recipe.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 6:06 pm
8) Sunshine so what did happen?

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 6:22 pm
Do you really want to hear about it from a to z?

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 6:40 pm
Oh yeah then I'll feel not such a klutz. Remember misery always loves company Very Happy

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:07 pm
OK. I am warning you it is long. To start with I have a pretty good food processor (if used correctly) that is inexpensive compaired to most and does a good job with blending but not good with slicing shredding. The disk is reversable and when on the shredding side it also slices a little from the sharpness of the mettle. It makes no sence but whatever. I like my potatoe kugel shredded and wanted to make it like that. Since I have the above problem I got creative one chanukah with my latkes(same brand processor for all year long as pesach) and figured out if I put it on the shredding side and tape up the slicing hole it works great. Smart no?!
I started making the recipe in a med. bowl I shredded the carrots and then the potatoes but the ends wouldn't go and got stuck above the disk. Great. Contined trying to grate. Oh no. I smell s/t buring. The food processor was stuffed and I didn't relize it. So I emtied it into the bowl. Too small. I ran to the other room where I had a big bowl that I really didn't want to make fleishig but bec of the rush I had to(didn't want the potatoes to turn brown). As I started to empty the contents of the food processer I noticed my contraption of tape was missing. Oh man!!! Well lets say that on Chanuka I tried it with clear tape that worked great and stuck but on Pesach I used masking tape. I had to then go fishing in the batter for the pieces of tape and found all but one. But since the potatoes were turning colors I decided to get on with it and hopefully no one will notice and eat a piece of tape. Then I took all the chunkes that wouldn't grate and tried blendeding them. The blade wouldn't turn. I thought maybe I put it in wrong so I emptied it and redid it. nothing doing. I think on my first time I used the procesor for this kugel it I burned the moter! I tried once more and BH it went but I smelled the motor was burning. So I finished making the kugel and it had shredded sliced and pureed potaoes all in one! Also I am left with a brand new processor used only once with a dying motor.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:10 pm
Quote:
I have a pretty good food processor (if used correctly) that is inexpensive compaired to most and does a good job with blending but not good with slicing shredding. The disk is reversable and when on the shredding side it also slices a little from the sharpness of the mettle. It makes no sence but whatever

Could be I have the same one but when reversed should grate and not slice I haven't had that problem yet! Confused

Quote:
had to then go fishing in the batter for the pieces of tape and found all but one. But since the potatoes were turning colors I decided to get on with it and hopefully no one will notice and eat a piece of tape.

So did it taste yummy, do u think anyone noticed 8)

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:14 pm
I didn't find the tape yet. Either that or it tasted like kugel. I made it in 2 pans but only ate one so far. Did you ever hear of s/t so nuts?

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:16 pm
LOL LOL Well you can't blame the chef now since it truly was the tools LOL

deedee

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:30 pm
tonight I sauted kolrabe with turnups and onions. then I baked talapia with olive oil, salt and fresh garlic. when it was almost done I pan fried it crispy!!! it was delish!

girliesmommy

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 11:55 pm
Talking about mayonaise... Does anyone know if I can make it with olive oil? It doesnt specify which oil, but olive oil has a different taste.

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 12:14 am
I always make the mayo with olive oil. Don't use extra virgin olive oil; the mayo then comes out tasting too olive-y. I love using the extra virgin oil for salads and such, but for mayo, you don't want that strong taste. I used "light" olive oil this year, and it was perfect! Olive oil is healthier than the other oils you can use, too.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 5:59 pm
binah ur picture looks os delicious n chometzy Smile yum Smile

Sunshine

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 6:39 pm
Frelich what did you end up making for super?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics