Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Any ideas for cheap mini-vacation?
1  2  Next

Kmommy18

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 1:10 pm
Both dh and I really need a vacation! He is more reluctant to admit it than I am, but we're both tired out and need a short break. The problem is that our budget is pretty tight right now as we are trying to pay back some debt that we're in... So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where we could go for a cheap short little vacation. Oh and btw, we live in NY.

Squash

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 1:16 pm
I'll be watching this thread because I want to know the same thing. I'll be having surgery soon and dh wants to use this opportunity to "get away". I really don't mind recuperating at home, but he needs a break from it all. We obviously don't want to do anything major, just relax in a nice setting fairly close to home.

The Marriot Seaview Villas is a resort very close to Atlantic City. It's a time share thing. They actually just called to invite us for 3 days and 2 nights for $99. Of course we have to take a 90 minute tour where they try to convince you to buy timeshares. If you know that you could resist their pitch it might be good for you. Also near AC there's a kosher restaurant.

If you want their number, PM me.

The reason why we're not going there is because we were there last year (without the timeshare tour, we paid regular price) and although it is a beautiful, nice, clean, new place and we really enjoyed it, their beds are EXTREMELY soft. Way too soft for me. I felt like I was drowning there. If you like that, you would enjoy.

Kmommy18

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 1:46 pm
Lol at the beds thing... But yeah if you don't mind pming me the number I'd really like to check it out... thanx!

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 1:56 pm
Never been there but many people like those resorts in the Poconos.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 4:41 pm
do you want dinner and a show, or to stay womeplace overnight?

because you copuld look for hotels in jersey that are cheaper.

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:14 am
Sorry, kmommy. I just realize that the piece of paper with the number was trown out. I will call my friend tommorrow bli neder and ask her for the number. She goes there all the time.

Please PM me though, cuz knowing myself I'll forget.

Dini

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:29 am
Hey I would love that but whatta you do w/ the kids?

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:33 am
mommytr wrote:
Hey I would love that but whatta you do w/ the kids?

Friends, family... We do it for each other. We can all use a break now and then. My friend goes WITH her kids.

Kmommy18

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 10:00 am
Thanx Squash...
Oh and I'm not sure yet about taking our son... Depends where we end up going and for how long... Both my parents and inlaws have different work schedules during the week so it would also depend which days we were going... But I'm sure if we wanted to go alone we could somehow work it out with them...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 10:08 am
somehow, it seems to me that to go away you have to put your kids with friends that you have to reciprotate for, it wouldn't be worth it.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 10:13 am
If we go away without the kids (rare) we leave them with the grandparents, I wouldn't expect friends to look after my kids while I went away to enjoy myself. Emergency situations are different, but not for vacation.

Kmommy18

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 10:55 am
I don't even know any friends who would be willing to watch my son! He's usually well behaved and everyone loves him, but I don't think anyone (other than his grandparents) would actually watch him for a day or two... Come to think of it I wouldn never watch my friends kids so they could go on vacation! Like Brooklyn said, its different if its an emergency...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:26 am
I was almost never around for my friends and they for me, since I worked full time. if I needed a sitter I paid for one. which was almost never . . .

course, we never went anywhere anyway ,. . .

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:11 pm
The cheapest vacation is to send away the kids and stay home.

shoy18

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:18 pm
my fav little getaways is just going to NYC staying in a hotel for just one night and going to a show and dinner, one time we went to a spa as well, but that my get a bit expensive.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:31 pm
I don't see the point of staying in a hotel in NYC when I live in Brooklyn. Seems like a waste especially with hotel prices in NYC. I'd rather go home to an empty house after the dinner and show.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:38 pm
But your hous needs vacuuming, the phone doesn't stop ringing, and things are alwayus coming up.

When you go away, you're remvoed from all of that.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:51 pm
It will still be there when you come home. I have nothing against vacations. I am going on one next week. However we are going away. Living in Brooklyn and going to hotel in Manhattan for a night is for me a waste of hard earned money.

Kmommy18

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 1:17 pm
brooklyn wrote:
It will still be there when you come home. I have nothing against vacations. I am going on one next week. However we are going away. Living in Brooklyn and going to hotel in Manhattan for a night is for me a waste of hard earned money.

I couldn't agree more!

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 1:20 pm
Kmommy18 wrote:
brooklyn wrote:

I couldn't agree more!

Sometimes all you need is a change of pace/scenery. Just to remove yourself for a bit from your daily life.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics