Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Places to change a diaper in your house
1  2  Next

Where do you change your child's diaper in you home?
Only on the changing table in thier room  
 14%  [ 9 ]
Any spot I can find in the house allowed by halacha  
 62%  [ 39 ]
On a changing pad on my bed  
 11%  [ 7 ]
In the bathroom  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other  
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 62

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 6:02 pm
I was just wondering people's preferences on where they change their kid's diapers.

I am only making this poll for just the reason that I was just wondering what others do.

yoyosma

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 6:33 pm
I change my baby anywhere and everywhere that it is convenient. Usually its my bed. I dont have a changing table.

dr pepper

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 7:09 pm
Anyplace goes. I have a changing table (pack n play) in the living room, but it's usually piled with stuff so I don't use it at all.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 7:22 pm
I used to before the twins were born have a cardinal rule bathroom only b/c we have 4 there is no reason why not.

Welll now that the twins were born amongst other things that rule has been tossed Confused but I still wont do it anywhere I have a plastic changing mat it has to be done on that and not in the dinning room with seforim or the kitchen but anywhere else goes. What But throw that diaper outside I do not have used diapers in my home, NO way hosay Tongue Out

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 7:44 pm
yoyosma wrote:
I change my baby anywhere and everywhere that it is convenient. Usually its my bed. I dont have a changing table.

Yup, same here. Anywhere but NOT on a table. I've seen that too Rolling Eyes

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 7:46 pm
My changing table is rarely used..LOL... I dont know why I got one!

I change DD on my bed, DH's bed, the living room couch or floor...whatevers closer...

Squash

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 8:16 pm
Tefila wrote:
I used to before the twins were born have a cardinal rule bathroom only b/c we have 4 there is no reason why not.

Welll now that the twins were born amongst other things that rule has been tossed Confused but I still wont do it anywhere I have a plastic changing mat it has to be done on that and not in the dinning room with seforim or the kitchen but anywhere else goes. What But throw that diaper outside I do not have used diapers in my home, NO way hosay Tongue Out

jose

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 8:20 pm
I'm not sure what halacha has to do with where you change diapers.
am I the only one?

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 8:27 pm
not in front of the Shabbos candles. that's from Kitzur Dinei Uminhagei Neiros Shabbos kodesh, by Rabbi Dubov.

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 8:29 pm
thats interesting.

Dini

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 8:29 pm
In the kid's room, never thought of it as rule but I always end up changing him there so as not to smell up the house.

Marion

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 3:24 am
I try to do it in his room (on the "changing table" but sometimes on a bed or the couch. DH prefers the floor.

silber

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 4:26 am
its no respect to change in front of sforim embarrassed so by us its only in the bathroom or kids room!

frayda

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 7:07 am
I usually do it on my bed, but really where ever it's most convenient.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 8:19 am
For me it was the changing table or on the bed. DH would change anywhere, but he also liked the floor the best, said he had more room there.

shininglight

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 8:45 am
We have a dresser in the kid's room with a changing pad on it. That's where we change diapers 99% of the time.

shayna82

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 9:10 am
shining light, thats exactly what we have. once in a while ill change a pish diaper downstairs, but I try not to. to teach the kids that certain things that are "dirty" cant be just done anywhere.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 9:13 am
for all your mothers out there whose husband actually change the baby's diapers........I'm jealous! the day that my husband would ever change a diaper is the day that I'll eat my hat.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 9:58 am
Well, anonymous Amother, since I always worked full time - thereby lesening some of DH's load - it was only fair he take a large role in the childcare.

miriam

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 10:03 am
I think it depends on the age of the baby. Only nursing babies' diapers can be changed anywhere. When they start eating from the 7 minim, then they can't be changed in front of seforim, davening, etc.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics