Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Landsend boys coats

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 5:32 am
Are the warmer category coats enough or do I have to get the warmest? I live in NJ.

I want to get the warmer category, rather than the warmest, because it is cheaper, less bulky, and available in husky sizes. But of course, if it is not warm enough, I won't.

I know what they claim about the temp ranges on paper, I want to hear from those who've actually had kids wear them.

Thanks!

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 5:42 am
I actually just bought my boys this: http://www.landsend.com/pp/boy.....index

Granted, we live in Israel so we won't have to deal with a NJ winter, but I like the fact that it can go in stages (there are layers that can be removed and then added) and the fact that there's a waterproof layer and an attached hood... (plus it was and still is on sale...)

zigi

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 8:25 am
I bought the warmer coat for myself. its very thin but its warm, I need a sweater underneath when it get colder like 20 degrees.

star

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 1:40 pm
My son and daughter both had the Squall Parkas for two years running. They are in the "warmer" category. We live in NY, and they have been wonderful so far - I would buy them again in a heartbeat. Then again, the last few years have been very mild winters so take that into consideration.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 2:56 pm
Op here

I thought the squalls were warmest. Would be nice to know what the weather planned for this winter is Wink Zigi, needing a sweater for 25 means that it really is not that warm. Dunno what to do. I definitely need the husky sizing, but they don't make them in warmest.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 3:25 pm
I forgot which one I ended up buying, but I remember thinking this, when looking through their selection:

How much time does DS actually spend outside in the winter? About 1-5 minutes waiting for the bus and less than one minute walking from the bus/car to his destination. And 6-7 minutes walking to shul on Shabbos. That's about it. If he plays outside in the snow, it's not an ice-cold day, and he'll also wear snow pants which cover some of the torso. So, think about this, not just your local weather!

zigi

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
Op here

I thought the squalls were warmest. Would be nice to know what the weather planned for this winter is Wink Zigi, needing a sweater for 25 means that it really is not that warm. Dunno what to do. I definitely need the husky sizing, but they don't make them in warmest.

that is how they rate the coats when wearing a sweater for colder weather. they said that with normal winter wear. my coat was in the midrange
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics