Home

Reviews of Binah recipes!
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


BrachaC




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 1:47 pm
I don't subscribe to the Binah, but we bought the issues before RH, YK and Sukkos. My daughter and I had a great time choosing recipes. She made the grahm streusal cake- it was good, not the kind of thing to make constantly, but a nice addition if you are bored of the "regular."
I made the baked sesame chicken twice- it came out great both times and was really easy.
As a combo effort we made the peanut butter brownies- I may have done something wrong, because the peanutbutter layer was really tough and dry when spreading- it was fine tasting, just difficult to work with and I ended up adding extra pareve milk, margarine etc to try and make it creamier.
Also, I don't remember if it was a Binah recipe, but we made the fruit napoleans with the won ton wrappers and marshmallow fluff- it sounded really strange, but my daughter was really excited by the idea (she is 12) so I allowed it- it was great. A little odd, and a little awkward to eat, but we served it with strawberry sauce and it was good.
Back to top

mol




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 2:02 pm
can someone please post the sesame chicken recipe please? thanx!
Back to top

Happy 2B




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 10:20 pm
For bnm:

Nougat Mousse Pie- Sukkos issue.

Crust:
20 chocolate Sandwich cookies
1/2 stick margarine melted

Mousse:

1 16 oz. Dessert whip
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 TBS Water
1/4 Cup Chocolate Syrup
2 Cups Bakers Choice Nougat Chips melted

additional Nougat chips for decoration

Directions:

To prepare the crust blend the cookies in a blender until fine crumbs form. Mix the melted margarine with crumbs. Press into 9" round springform pan and freeze

To prepare the mousse: Whip the dessert whip and refrigerate. Beat the egg yolks.

Meanwhile place sugar, corn syrup, water in a pot and cook on medium high heat until bubbles.
With the mixer running pour the sugar into the yolks and beat on high for 3-4 minutes until it thickens and is a pale yellow.

Add chocolate syrup and beat. Add the melted nougat chips to the batter mixing well.

Fold the nougat mixture into the whipped topping and pour onto the crust and freeze.

Decorate with whipped cream and or nougat chips.

As for the review BNM you can tell us how it comes out Smile
Back to top

ILOVELIFE




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 7:33 pm
Schwarma Chicken is a winner here

Also made the crinkle cookies and just made another batch last week
Caramel cake
Cinnamon bundt cake
Cappuccino muffins are delish if you're a coffee lover like me
Strawberry sorbet from Shavuos
Julienne veggies also became a keeper so simple and so colorful
Back to top

ILOVELIFE




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 7:34 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
For bnm:

Nougat Mousse Pie- Sukkos issue.

Crust:
20 chocolate Sandwich cookies
1/2 stick margarine melted

Mousse:

1 16 oz. Dessert whip
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 TBS Water
1/4 Cup Chocolate Syrup
2 Cups Bakers Choice Nougat Chips melted

additional Nougat chips for decoration

Directions:

To prepare the crust blend the cookies in a blender until fine crumbs form. Mix the melted margarine with crumbs. Press into 9" round springform pan and freeze

To prepare the mousse: Whip the dessert whip and refrigerate. Beat the egg yolks.

Meanwhile place sugar, corn syrup, water in a pot and cook on medium high heat until bubbles.
With the mixer running pour the sugar into the yolks and beat on high for 3-4 minutes until it thickens and is a pale yellow.

Add chocolate syrup and beat. Add the melted nougat chips to the batter mixing well.

Fold the nougat mixture into the whipped topping and pour onto the crust and freeze.

Decorate with whipped cream and or nougat chips.

As for the review BNM you can tell us how it comes out Smile


A friend made and she said it's delicious -- a bit heavy and creamy so she served smaller slices but yummy.
Back to top

mango




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 8:33 pm
mol wrote:
can someone please post the sesame chicken recipe please? thanx!


Just made it last night for supper, definitely a winner so easy and quick to prepare and tasted great too!

Oven Baked sesame chicken:

2lb chicken cutlets, cubed
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp mustard
1/4 cup warm water
1Tbsp sesame seeds
Fresh parsley, optional

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 with cooking spray.
Place the cubed chicken in a large Ziploc bag, then add flour and Shake the bag to coat the chicken. Lay the chicken on the bottom of the prepared pan.
In a medium bowl mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, olive oil, mustard and water. Stir until smooth. Pour over the chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cover the pan tightly and bake for one hour. Then uncover the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with additional sesame seeds and fresh parsley before serving.
Back to top

Meema2Kids




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 9:54 pm
We loved the sesame chicken too. DH requested it for this shabbos; I think it'll become a regular. I doubled the recipe for our family of 8.
Back to top

kermit the frog




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 19 2012, 4:36 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:

Julienne veggies also became a keeper so simple and so colorful

can you please post this recipe?
Back to top

ILOVELIFE




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 9:16 pm
Oven Steamed Julienned Vegetables (Chanie Edelstein Binah Shavuos supplement 5772 pg 15)

Yield: 8 servings (I found it yielded even more than that)

2 large carrots
2 medium zucchini washed, unpeeled
2 medium yellow squash, washed and unpeeled
2 T olive oil
1 T kosher salt
1/4 c boiling water
1 lemon
1/2 c chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Using a julienne peeler, create strips of all the veggies.
Place in a 10x14 roasting pan
Toss with olive oil and salt. Pour boiling water over veggies and cover pan tightly with foil.
Bake vegetables for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. If the veg. appear too raw you can return the pan to the oven uncovered for an additional 5-10 min.

Squeeze lemon over vegetable and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Toss to combine.
Back to top

bnm




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 1:49 am
made the nougat pie- full disclosure

I only made 1/2 the recipe because I was so busy eating the chips plain and couldn't find more in the store, I used a chocolate graham crust instead of oreo cookie crust and didn't use a springform. my husband and sister thought it was delicious, 'like Zeeslik ice cream' I thought 'meh' taste was great but I preferred eating the chips plain and it was hard to serve, very creamy and oozy, you couldn't get nice slices.
Back to top

bnm




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 3:07 am
next I want to try the cappuccino chip muffins, was in the same Sukkus Binah if someone can please post it.
Back to top

shoemaker




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 8:15 am
I lovelife can u please post the strawberry sorbet & the schwarma chicken? thanx.
Back to top

sleepwalking




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 9:06 am
bnm wrote:
next I want to try the cappuccino chip muffins, was in the same Sukkus Binah if someone can please post it.


Bnm I made it with caramel chips it was HEAVENLY!!!!!
Back to top

Jughead




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 10:51 am
anyone have the salmon with caramelized onions recipe from last Pesach?
Back to top

runninglate




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:43 pm
during the hurricane, I tried a chicken paprikash recipe from a while ago, and it was delicious! Any more successes?
Back to top

Sherri




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:55 pm
Meema2Kids wrote:
We loved the sesame chicken too. DH requested it for this shabbos; I think it'll become a regular. I doubled the recipe for our family of 8.
Recipe, please.
Back to top

September June




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 9:18 pm
Sherri wrote:
Meema2Kids wrote:
We loved the sesame chicken too. DH requested it for this shabbos; I think it'll become a regular. I doubled the recipe for our family of 8.
Recipe, please.


Mango posted it, scroll up a few posts.

I made it and no one really liked it.
Back to top

runninglate




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 1:25 pm
this week's recipe with red poatatoes and peppers looked good. I'll probably try it some day...
Back to top

Sherri




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 1:28 pm
September June wrote:
Sherri wrote:
Meema2Kids wrote:
We loved the sesame chicken too. DH requested it for this shabbos; I think it'll become a regular. I doubled the recipe for our family of 8.
Recipe, please.


Mango posted it, scroll up a few posts.

I made it and no one really liked it.
Thanks Smile
Back to top

rachelle613




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 1:51 pm
I made the rich & fudgy brownies from 2 weeks ago, I think. They were absolutely DELICIOUS!! Only problem is I ate way too much, they're so addictive and I have no self control...
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Please post healthy wheat-free recipes for healthy snacks
by TCR
2 Mon, Apr 19 2021, 4:19 pm View last post
Any Reviews - Miriam Buchwald Swim School - Lakewood? 4 Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:14 pm View last post
ISO Cake recipes with separating eggs that are "one-bowl"
by Mevater
0 Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:54 pm View last post
Crunchy golden challah recipes please. 7 Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:18 am View last post
by cbsp
One Bowl / No Mixer year round cake and cookie recipes
by ra_mom
11 Wed, Apr 14 2021, 2:42 pm View last post