Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3  4 37  38  39  Next

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 2:00 pm
So does anyone out there with connections have a good deal on a round trip El Al flight to New York/Newark around Pesach time? We are getting closer to our fundraising goal, not quite there yet, but thank you to all who have so generously helped. There is still time if you can find it in your hearts to help us.

thanks so much,
kol tuv

anonymrs

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 2:47 pm
I'm sending you a pm....

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 9:30 pm
My family recently experienced a yeshua in a medical matter. In gratitude to HKBH, I donated to your chai lifeline special fund, with tefillos that your family experiences yeshuos as well.

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 5:51 pm
Hi, everyone. I just want to express my gratitude to all who donated, and let you know that while we are close to our goal for the ticket, we are always grateful for help, as this ordeal has been a huge strain on our family all around. So there is still time to donate if you are so inclined. Smile

I would like to request that if you know our family personally through any of my kids' schools, please do not donate by sending money to them at school. I do not want them to have to be responsible for such messenger duty. Please PM me and we can find a better way to accept your kind donations. Thanks so much.

gila-rina

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 6:56 pm
Hi, I have no idea if this deal is still good, but I thought of you when I saw it
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/28956
Besuros toivos and refuah sheleima

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 7:07 pm
Thanks so much for thinking of us. Unfortunately the dates don't work out.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 2:53 pm
I hope everybody enjoyed their Pesach, we certainly did. I want to thank all of you for being responsible for helping to bring my son home for a wonderful visit, he just returned to Israel yesterday. I am glad we got to spend this time together, because he goes off to HASC to work as a counselor with his 2 older brothers, shortly after he comes home for the school year.

On another note, my daughter's last set of scans took place this past Monday, and I just found out that the results are not good, the chemo is no longer working and we will have to try something else. My son did not turn out to be a good stem cell match, but we found a stranger match in the database, and will look into trying that. Please continue your prayers, and as always, if you can contribute to alleviate our growing financial crisis, the links in previous posts are still active.

Thanks so much.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 2:58 pm
Continuing to daven for you! Yeshuas Hashem Keheref Ayin!

Skippy!!

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:03 pm
Refuah shelaima!! Besuros tovos!

pelle

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:08 pm
thank you for posting an update. will continue to daven. may you only see H-shems revealed kindness. rafuah sheleimah.

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 11:54 am
I haven't updated for quite a while, and I wanted to do this before Shavous and to wish everyone a good yom tov!

First of all, thank you so much to all of you who helped to bring my son home for Pesach. We had a very nice visit, which was much needed, especially since he will only have one Shabbos home with us between Israel and Camp HASC, where he is working this summer, with both of his older brothers. So had he not come back for Pesach, we would have had very little time with the family all together.

Unfortunately, he was not a stem cell match for Kayla Rus. We do have a stranger match from the database, but also, unfortunately, she is not eligible for the transplant at this time because her chemo has stopped working and the cancer has spread. We started her on a new chemo, but she had to stop that because it adversely affected her vision, and she went for a brain MRI this morning to rule out worse things than a bad chemo reaction. We hope to restart her on the chemo, possibly at a lower dose, as soon as we get the results of the MRI. If this chemo works, she will be rescanned in 2 months and hopefully if she is clean at that time, then we can go for the stem cell transplant.

We recently got some very good news from our friend Esther bas Tzipporah, who had a clean scan after her relapse of metastatic colon cancer. It was truly a miracle, as they thought she would need surgery. Her daughter had set up a tehillim sign-up sheet on google docs, and I feel that having the entire book said for her every day played a big part in this huge nes. So her daughter made the same sheet for us, which I have shared to facebook, and would like to share that status here:

We are trying to get the entire Tehillim said daily as a zechus for a refuah shelaima for Kayla Rus bas Chaya Rochel. Please only sign up if you can commit to saying your perek daily. Feel free to sign up for more than one perek. Our family greatly appreciates the outpour of love and support. Tizku L'mitzvos and may all our tefillos be answered L'tovah!!!

https://docs.google.com/spread.....gid=0

Also a reminder that our Chai Lifeline donation link is still active and very much appreciated:
https://www.chailifeline.org/e.....unds/ Specifying her name or "Eisenberg family" in the use of funds, or Paypal at obsesseddancer@aol.com.

Thank you so much for your continued efforts on our behalf.
Have a Chag Sameach.

Rachel

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 12:37 pm
does anyone know whether halachically it is ok to commit to saying perakim if I am already saying them for another cause? (For instance, if I say 1-5 daily for a couple who does not have children, can I just add the name and say the same perakim for Kayla Rus also?)

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 12:48 pm
According to my son (who is not yet a rabbi but is in Yeshiva University), it is not a halachic issue and there should be no problem in just adding a name to keep in mind. But anyone with better credentials, feel free to pipe in here!

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 10:44 am
Another update. Current chemo causing vision difficulties and will need to be changed. Our oncologist recommended that we seek a consultation with a Dr. Howard Bruckner in the Bronx. Does anyone have experience with. him? A good friend of mine from my neighborhood also raves about him. The only problem (and it is a BIG one) is that he doesn't take our insurance and it will be $500 upfront (which we DON'T HAVE) and further costs of chemotherapy treatments later. As we are running out of options, I am getting desperate. Please daven for us with a stepped up emphasis on prayers for financial help, and of course, if you can also help financially, we would certainly appreciate it.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 10:49 am
Have you asked chai lifeline if they can help you out?

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 10:55 am
They are helping as much as they can already. This would just come out of the special fund they already set up for us, which was earmarked for other bills. The only way the special fund increases is when I go online to nudge people again, and I so HATE having to ask anyone for anything. I would love nothing more than to be the donor of tzedaka and not the recipient. Hashem should only test us with that opportunity. Amen.

https://www.chailifeline.org/e.....unds/ and mention us in funds usage. Sorry to ask again. I am getting tired of me, too. Sad

paypal: obsesseddancer@aol.com

greenfire

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 10:59 am
might I suggest finding out who on your current insurance plan has the same specialties as this doctor that was recommended

I keep kayla rus in my tefilos [is it okay if I say bas obsesseddancer ~ I can never remember your name on shabbos]

amother

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 11:01 am
obsesseddancer wrote:
Another update. Current chemo causing vision difficulties and will need to be changed. Our oncologist recommended that we seek a consultation with a Dr. Howard Bruckner in the Bronx. Does anyone have experience with. him? A good friend of mine from my neighborhood also raves about him. The only problem (and it is a BIG one) is that he doesn't take our insurance and it will be $500 upfront (which we DON'T HAVE) and further costs of chemotherapy treatments later. As we are running out of options, I am getting desperate. Please daven for us with a stepped up emphasis on prayers for financial help, and of course, if you can also help financially, we would certainly appreciate it.

Dear Obsesseddancer, I put 500$ in the chai lifeline special fund so she can go see the dr., may he be the shaliach for a refuah shleima for kayla rus, have a wonderful shabbos. Sincerely, Amother

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 11:05 am
Wow, thank you SO MUCH.

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 11:11 am
Just in answer to Greenfire. LOL. I am sure Hashem knows who obsesseddancer is. So funny. But if you need help remembering my name, here is a trick to help: think CHAYA, because we want LIFE for Kayla Rus, and think of Mama Rochel who cries for her children.

About other doctors with the same specialty in our insurance plan, I just want to explain. What she has is very rare. This particular doctor that was recommended to us is known for thinking out of the box and playing with drug combinations that other doctors wouldn't touch. He is very experienced (an older man) and a maverick in his field. That is why we are being sent there. So, no, there is no one else like him!
Page 3 of 39   Previous  1  2  3  4 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed