Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Can you recommend a "Kosher" movie?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

S.Shcwartz

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 6:00 pm
'The devil wears prada' new.

SouthernShalom

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 6:25 pm
I was going to say the "pursuit of happiness" also. Just saw it. It only has one woed that I can recall and a woman in a bra at the very beginning. It was the cleanest movie I have seen in years too.

chen

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 10:18 am
Kosher for whom? You or your kids? "Mad, Hot Ballroom" despite the racy title, is fine for adults. It's a sort-of documentary about elementary-age public-school kids in NYC who are taught ballroom dancing, and with it, discover etiquette, teamwork, respect (self-and mutual), and a host of other positive values.

timeout

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 4:59 pm
How bout What the L-rd Made with Don Cheadle very clean and good.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 5:07 pm
"Remember the Titans"
"Wild Hearts Can't be Broken"
"Cars"

SouthernShalom

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 8:26 am
Cars has a lot of innuendo. Between cars of course Rolling Eyes

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 4:38 pm
looooooool

TammyTammy

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 4:43 pm
S.Shcwartz wrote:
what is sound of music about?

Potential nuns. Very Happy

Tammy

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:04 pm
Don't usually see two movies in one week, but... its been a hectic week and I watched another tonight that was so cute. "Miss Potter" about the life of Beatrix Potter (she wrote Peter Rabbit and many other children's stories). The depiction of Victorian life was lovely and her personal story was very interesting, too.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 9:00 am
I don't know if anyone suggested this one..

'Finding Neverland'
...it was beautiful!!! I don't remember if it's a million percent kosher...
there may be a few subtle references to infidelity, but as a whole, it's very decent. A great story too!! Very moving. It's about the creation of the play Peter Pan.

Garden

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 1:08 pm
Can anyone suggest good, clean movies for an adult to watch. I've liked Casper, follow me boys,, Samantha (american girls dvd), Secret Garden, Annie...I like olden day movies that center around children rather than love stories. Anything along those lines to suggest?

P.S. I don't like comedies and don't really know about any tv shows etc.

Last edited by Garden on Mon, Feb 04 2008, 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 1:16 pm
How about kosher comedies? Johnny English is a totally clean comedy.

One that I can think of right now is Evelyn. About a father whose wife left him, and his 3 children are taken to orphanages. He can't get them back because of something to do with Irish law. And Pierce Brosnan stars. Wink Great movie.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 2:04 pm
Bridge to Terebithia

Lemony Snicket

The Harry Potter movies, the last couple have more "love" scenes but they are still pretty innocent and side plots.

The Little Princess

Garden

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 3:12 pm
catonmylap wrote:
Bridge to Terebithia

Lemony Snicket

The Harry Potter movies, the last couple have more "love" scenes but they are still pretty innocent and side plots.

The Little Princess

What's the little priness and Lemony snicket about? I like simple, old movies not harry potter type.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 3:14 pm
mr. smith goes to washington is an amazingly clean film considering the fact that people still watch it. I definitely recommend it.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 11:56 pm
A Little Princess (1995)- When her father enlists to fight for the British in WWI, young Sara Crewe goes to New York to attend the same boarding school her late mother attended. She soon clashes with the severe headmistress, Miss Minchin, who attempts to stifle Sara's creativity and sense of self- worth. Sara's belief that "every girl's a princess" is tested to the limit, however, when word comes that her father was killed in action and his estate has been seized by the British government.

Lemony Snicket- Three wealthy children's parents are killed in a fire. When they are sent to a distant relative, they find out that he is plotting to kill them and seize their fortune. (It's a bit odd and dark, not sure if you will like it).
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics