Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
ISO Bklyn sheitelmachers who convert wigs to falls

funkyfrummom

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 1:43 pm
I have 3 old human hair sheitels that I don't wear anymore because I got sick of them and they stopped looking great. If possible, I would like to convert them to falls or ponys, although I'm not sure if they have enough life left in them to warrant the cost.

1) Any recommends for bklyn sheitelmachers who do this?

2) About how much does this usually run $-wise? (Price is a factor.)

justmarried:)

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 9:14 pm
Martha Ghershenzon 718-951-8142

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 9:33 am
It will ruin about 150-200, depending on where you go. I've had it done by Claire Accuhair, 718 998 6043, and by Chany wigs, she moved, IBM, not site of her number anymore, but you can call her in Monsey, and see if she still has a Brooklyn location. Esther Tobias does it too, but, I didn't endup doing mine there.

mimimom

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 3:24 pm
I almost did this, but was told (by the shaitelmacher I asked about it) to save the money and buy a new fall. So glad I listened! I got a very decent brand new fall from Freeda discontinued for about twice what I would have paid to get a tired old not so great human hair shaitel converted...

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 3:55 pm
Otoh, if the hair is still good, but you don't like the front, you get a gorgeous fall for less then $200. When I worked in shetels, we were honest and told you if it was worth doing it our not. Sometimes out is, sometimes it's not.

I've done it three times, and got another few years from the piece that way,.but out was because they were high quality pieces with good hair, with cheap wigs it's rarely worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels