Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Newborn Nappies/ Diapers in Yerushalayim?Where'

amother

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 9:00 am
where's the best place to but newborn pampers or huggies? most supermarkets only have size 2 and up?

Liba

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 9:04 am
I saw them at Chasdei Shmuel in Ezras Torah.

Marion

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 9:50 am
That's odd, because every supermarket I've ever been in has carried them. In any case, try SuperPharm. (I was in Chasdei Shmuel two weeks ago and do not recall seeing diapers, though I will honestly say I wasn't looking for them either.)

EvenI

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 9:53 am
I seem to remember someone finding them in a pharmacy for me. But IME if your baby is around 3 kg or bigger, size 2 is probably fine.

In the kitchen

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 10:06 am
EvenI wrote:
I seem to remember someone finding them in a pharmacy for me. But IME if your baby is around 3 kg or bigger, size 2 is probably fine.

This. Size 2 is actually quite small.
A pitzy 3 month old will need a size 3. Which I find so strange because my almost 2 year old needs a 4 plus and my almost 4 year old needs a 5.

Liba

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 10:07 am
Smile The only diapers I saw in Chasdei Shmuel were the newborn ones, and they were with the pump parts, sort of oddly placed hence I noticed them. Smile

FWIW my preemie who was born here was put into the smallest Babysitter diapers folded down in the front and it worked. Very Happy They were almost as big as he was, but it didn't seem to cause him any discomfort and they cost a lot less per diaper than the newborn ones.

In the picture he is wearing one of the diapers exactly like the one next to him.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 10:58 am
op here! I just thought if I'm giving them as a present (a diaper cake) it doesn't look very mechubad to just buy the cheap brands that I use for my baby. what do you think?

ray family

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
op here! I just thought if I'm giving them as a present (a diaper cake) it doesn't look very mechubad to just buy the cheap brands that I use for my baby. what do you think?

I think it depends on who the person is. I got 2 diaper cakes when my son was born. one w/ huggies and one w/ cheaper diapers. I wasn't really paying attention to the diapers I was looking at the overall gift which I thought was thoughtful.
I tried out a few of the (cheaper) diapers and when my son leaked through them I either passed them on to a gemach or a friend that used that brand.
maybe your friend will be able to use the cheaper ones. in any event it's the thought and effort that you're putting into it.

Strawberry

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 12:09 am
Bazaar Strauss next to Bikur Cholim carries newborn diapers. Although I skipped the newborn size this time around. The hospital uses size 2 so I decided to make it easier for myself and just use size 2.

My baby is tiny and she now is in a size 3 at 7 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics