Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Recommendation for pediatrician in CH

bracha

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 12:33 am
I would appreciate if any of you could tell me your positive experiences with a pediatrician in CH - preferably one who encourages you to ask questions and lets you know that he has time to sit with a new (worried) mother. NOT one who makes you feel like two cents for asking questions. That is why I am looking to switch. I know there's not much of a variety....but that is why I'd like to hear experiences.

Oh, and I do not have a car, so traveling to BP or flatbush wouldn't work.

I'd appreciate any info and help I could get!

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 6:55 am
Who do you use now?

gryp

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 10:06 am
I use Dr. Plaut. there are pros and cons I guess, but overall I like it there. they are very nice and I always ask questions.

girliesmommy

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 10:32 am
I don't know if Dr. Rosen is taking new patients, but I love Julie! She's the nurse practitioner there. She is young and patient. I now make all appointments with her. She takes extra time to relax the kids by joking and playing with them before examining them.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 10:37 am
We use Dr Hurwitz/Dr Rehm.

preggymama

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 12:21 pm
girliesmommy wrote:
I don't know if Dr. Rosen is taking new patients, but I love Julie! She's the nurse practitioner there. She is young and patient. I now make all appointments with her. She takes extra time to relax the kids by joking and playing with them before examining them.

Me too! I love Julie - she is great with the kids and as I am a pretty nervous first time Mom, she always manages to both take my many questions and concerns seriously and reassure me that everything is really okay.

yoyosma

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 12:33 pm
Julie is great, I miss Dr. Teitlebaum!
But I do like Dr Rosen, even though I am reduced to a bumbling fool and cannot get my questions out without sounding like a freak. But I do get them out!!

farmom

Post Sat, Jan 20 2007, 10:11 am
Julie is great in bedside manner, but I don't feel that she has the knowledge or experience.
Then again, Dr. Rosen has the knowledge etc. but is somewhat lacking in the bedside manner thing. I get too intimidated to ask all my Qs
And I had a bad experience with the new Dr.
So I'm thinking about changing too.
BTW, is it normal in CH to see patients at 11+ PM?

yoyosma

Post Sat, Jan 20 2007, 7:14 pm
Dr. Rosen saw me once 30 minutes before Shabbos. You cant fault his commitment!

bracha

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:50 pm
farmom wrote:

So I'm thinking about changing too.

Where would you switch to?

MamaYo

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:41 pm
im in the same boat. love julie, but dont feel she has enough experience and constantly get flack from my mom or not going to a 'real' doctor. . . dr. rosen is super committed, but I have to wait so long I feel like im with a celebrity by the time I get to see him. . dr. levine has no bedside manner at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics