Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Attn working mothers: playgroup question

amother

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 3:35 pm
I'd like to open a playgroup when I move to Monsey. I basically know what mothers are looking for since I have that age(s) kids. I would like to hear from you. What are the most important things u look at before deciding on which playgroup to send ur kids. Also, how many of u are interested in an age group of 3-4?

withhumor

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:02 pm
I don’t live in Monsey but I know from relatives and friends that the prices are almost half than in Boro Park, you should consider that. Other than that, I guess you should consider charging by the hour after 3PM for working mothers that need the extra time and still want a playgroup environment. Believe it or not, I’m in Boro Park and I can’t find an arrangement like that which fits my schedule.

Please clean off the hentelach after lunch, it’s not fair for kids to be dirty between their fingers, especially if they are real finicky about cleanliness.

Please figure out how to make those kid snap, if they won’t nap they will be shu-shu.

Currently, I am taking my baby to a playgroup that ‘also gives breakfast’. I give my kids breakfast anyway, but it’s comforting to know that on the mornings that she didn’t want to finish up, I can fall back on the peanut butter sandwich they will give her when she arrives.

Another wish, perhaps you should establish a simple lunch menu and print it in the ‘welcome letter’, so that mommies that are into nutrition can figure their dinner menus accordingly. For example if you will have peanut butter sandwiches for lunch on Wednesday’s, then I will try not to give the same for breakfast that day.

If you’re ever lonely over there, PM me. I’ll give you numbers of very nice people who are also alone in Monsey and lonely in between the buses and the kids and the laundry. GOOD LUCK!

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:07 pm
withhumor wrote:

Please figure out how to make those kid snap, if they won’t nap they will be shu-shu.

Funny typo. LOL

amother - lucky you for moving to Monsey!!! Which area will you be in?

Wesly Hills/Forshay area, you could charge more for playgroup, I think.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:31 pm
Airmont... I heard the prices went up. I pay $375 (with transp) here in BP, but they used to be $180. Now $250 is regular (no transp). Keep the tips coming. Anyone from Airmont?

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:33 pm
I have 2 classmates living there (if that's the same as South Monsey - the little street that you go into next to Tuvia's).

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:33 pm
Also, in the summer I paid 275 including trasnportation in the Francis area. In BP I pay 350 including transportation.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:37 pm
Quote:
(if that's the same as South Monsey - the little street that you go into next to Tuvia's).

That's it. That's the area. Would they be interested? can u ask them please? thanx.

newmom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:44 pm
The size of the group is very important to many mothers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics